Which "oil girl" are you?

Which oil?

• Coconut

Votes: 72 60.0%
  • Olive

Votes: 48 40.0%

• Total voters
I think Olive Oil...I started using coconut oil and I haven't seen any of the shine or other benefits members here get.

I recently "converted" to almond oil straight from the cooking section of the Indian store. I used to love olive, still use it here and there, and will never completely give it up...coconut somehow made my hair kinda dry :perplexed .

I voted for coconut oil. I got a humongous tub at Super Wal-Mart for under $3. Plus I love how coconut oil is solid at room temperature it's kinda like nature's conditioner, it's so creamy. I have a lot of oils I like and coconut oil is definitely one of 'em. :yep:

I use both but more of the cocnut oil daily and the olive oil only for my conditioners. At first I didn't think coconut oil was anything special but I really like it now.

I've been using olive oil with Africa's Best Organic Hair Mayonnaise with great results. But I do want to try the coconut oil. Right now I'm using Black Castor Oil and my hair is loving it.

I use olive oil for conditioning and jojoba oil or kemy oyl for my ends. Coconut didn't work that well for me. I still have a full jar. I wonder how long this stuff lasts?

My hair doesn't particularly like oils at all. Coconut oil is the only one I have had any success with, but I use it before a shampoo.

Nice & Wavy said:
I voted Coconut oil, but I do use Olive oil for pre-oil shampoos and I use Jojoba oil on my ends when my hair is dry. I love coconut oil when my hair is wet...it melts into my hair and makes it really soft.

Nice & Wavy, I love your curls! They are nicely defined.

I use coconut oil. I got 100% coconut oil from my local bss. It took some time to search for 100% coconut oil in the store as the bss sells tons of stuff labeled coconut oil, but those products have other ingredients like petroleum, mineral oil, castor oil, etc.:( I paid like $2.40 for a small jar.

I use coconut oil. never even tried to get the olive oil. I think it would be to heavy. I love coconut oil I even cook with it from time to time.

I'm definitely an Olive Oil "gal". :lol: Coconut Oil just doesn't give me the moisture and shine that olive oil does. And I love mixing it into my deep conditioners.

I use coconut oil more than olive oil. I use olive oil for my prepoos and to soak my ponytail holders for my buns. I also use coconut oil for my prepoos and to seal my moisturizer daily.

I used to use coconut oil for a few months, but now I've been an olive oil girl for almost a couple of years. I like that it's heavier.

I really like them both, but I use coconut oil more. I love the softness and shine of olive oil, but I love how light coconut oil is.

Coconut oil is my favorite hands down. I use as a sealer(leave-in), scalp massage, and occasionally for pre poo.

crlsweetie912 said:
Coconut oil for me! Only because I got both and was so hooked on the coconut oil that I didn't even try the olive oil! :)

Exactly! I have some blessed oil from church that started as regular EVOO and I never liked the smell either

Back