Which method is best for straightening natural hair?

Which method do you pefer?

• Flat iron

Votes: 106 62.0%
  • Press

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Curling Iron

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Blow dry

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Combo (explain please)

Votes: 61 35.7%

• Total voters
shtow what has been your regimen so far? I'm transitioning also, and I plan to alternate between blow drying sessions at home, dominican blow outs on my new growth, and occassional flat ironing.

Hopefully someone will chime in :)

When I flat iron myself my hair feels nice and smooth until I get to the ends. My ends don't get straight like the rest of my hair. I can use a comb from top to almost bottom. I would say I needed a trim but when I would get it straightened at the salon she'd get it perfect and didn't clip my ends. And last time I flat ironed I just had a trim about a month prior. I'm thinking it's technique.

Any suggestions? I blow dry using the tension method but just use my hands for the tension.

shtow what has been your regimen so far? I'm transitioning also, and I plan to alternate between blow drying sessions at home, dominican blow outs on my new growth, and occassional flat ironing.

My regimen is the same for the most part. I shampoo with Creme of Nature Coconut and Sunflower shampoo and DC with One N only Argan oil mask. I then apply One N only Argan oil treatment and dry lose under the dryer until 80 percent dry. Then I blow dry (comb attachment), flat iron, and apply a little more argan oil.

The first times I flat ironed my hair, I got a blow out result. It's just later that I realized that I need to master the products that work for my hair and have good tools. I cannot use a flat iron only because my hair is very dense and doesn't get flat easily. So I blow-dry on medium heat and finish with a cool shot then flat iron my hair afterwards. I put my heat protectant while my hair is still wet and sit under the dryer. Then, I blow- dry and flat iron without adding any product. I get my desire results :)

Hopefully someone will chime in :)

When I flat iron myself my hair feels nice and smooth until I get to the ends. My ends don't get straight like the rest of my hair. I can use a comb from top to almost bottom. I would say I needed a trim but when I would get it straightened at the salon she'd get it perfect and didn't clip my ends. And last time I flat ironed I just had a trim about a month prior. I'm thinking it's technique.

Any suggestions? I blow dry using the tension method but just use my hands for the tension.

Reniece has a mini tutorial on her youtube channel where she gets the ends straight whilst blow drying. I would like to try it out myself next time I do a blowout.

I read/watched something about this before but I can't remember exactly. I think you want to do the ends first so they don't air dry while curly while you're waiting. That causes the bushy ends. Sorry I can't explain better.

Back