Which is the better comb: A SEAMLESS COMB or OUIDAD DOUBLE DETANGLER?

Which is better: a SEAMLESS COMB or the OUIDAD DOUBLE DETANGLER COMB?

• Seamless Comb (be sure to provide info about your specific comb)

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Ouidad Double Detangler

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • I don't use either of those combs/ All combs are pretty much the same to me

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I don't use combs AT ALL

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Diva_Esq

In your opinion/ experience, which is better and WHY?

If you chose a seamless comb, please state the name/ brand/ of the comb, where you got it (including website) & the cost.

TIA!

Haven't gotten a chance to use either. But I'm getting a seamless comb (bought it monday!) I'll let you know how it is. (Idk if i'll ever get both tho. Poor college student. had trouble convincing myself to get the seamless comb at all)

Loving my seamless combs (#206 and 222), which i bought at hairsense.com. I'm noticing a lot less breakage with daily use. I think i paid about $11.50 for one and $18.50 for the other. Sorry, i've never used the ouidad comb.

I didn't choose either because each one has its place.

The Ouidad Double Detangler is a GREAT comb for detangling (hence the name) without snagging or pulling the hair. In the end you end up losing less hair while detangling, and it decreases detangling time considerably. I use this when I have a serious detangling job ahead of me, and when I'm waaaaaaayyyyyy into my relaxer stretch, as I was 17 weeks post when I found out about it.

Since I recently got a texlax touch-up, my hair hasn't been tangling as much, so I use my seamless shower comb (Jilbere from Sally's, about $2.99). Unless, as I stated before, my hair is really tangled. Then I break out the Ouidad.

So the seamless shower comb is what I use for the light jobs, and the Ouidad for heavy duty. It's all about using the right tool for the specific job IMO.

I didn't choose either because each one has its place.

The Ouidad Double Detangler is a GREAT comb for detangling (hence the name) without snagging or pulling the hair. In the end you end up losing less hair while detangling, and it decreases detangling time considerably. I use this when I have a serious detangling job ahead of me, and when I'm waaaaaaayyyyyy into my relaxer stretch, as I was 17 weeks post when I found out about it.

Since I recently got a texlax touch-up, my hair hasn't been tangling as much, so I use my seamless shower comb (Jilbere from Sally's, about $2.99). Unless, as I stated before, my hair is really tangled. Then I break out the Ouidad.

So the seamless shower comb is what I use for the light jobs, and the Ouidad for heavy duty. It's all about using the right tool for the specific job IMO.

Thanks for the detailed explanation! I'm a PJ so I need VERY LITTLE convincing that I need both! :lachen:

I agree with what Jade Feria is saying about the Ouidad Double Detangler. It seems to move through the hair a lot quicker then the seamless comes do. Now I have 2 seamless bone combs from hairsense.com. From what I remember, both are detanglers. The only reason I use combs is to detangle. So on this level, Ouidad is better.

might be pertinent -> I'm a 4something natural with SL/APL hair.

Kink

I've never used or heard of a seamless comb. I do have the Ouidad and it goes through my hair "LIKE BUTTA" *barbra striesand voice*. It cuts my detangling time dramatically. It was 24 dollars at sephora.com and worth every dollar. I'm a natural with the thickest and coiliest of hair and I've used the comb on my dry hair as well and it was perfect.

SEAMLESS COMBS!!!!!!!! :circle:
I love them. I bought minds off of [http://www.hotcombs.net/categories/Combs/Styling-Combs. I bought the Magic Star Jumbo Rake for $17.50 and the HS6450 Tail Comb for $9.75. OMG these are the best combs I have ever had and they are worth way more than what I paid for them. My hair does not go snap, crackle, and pop when I comb my hair anymore and my breakage has gone down so much from using these combs. The tail comb is great for taking shed hair out of the coils near the end of my hair without problems. I will be ordering me some more combs, because I will never use a cheap comb again!!!!!!! Thanks LCHF I would never had bought them if it wasn't for a thread were I read about them:grin::grin::grin::grin:

I love my Seamless comb from hairsense as well #206 and the tail comb, LOVE IT! For detangling when dry those are my choices. The rake I have Dianes brand is what I use for wet hair. It is perfect. :)

I just looked at the hairsense website. I'll definitely making a purchase soon. I'd like to replace all my other styling combs with seamless combs.

I use both my Jilbere shower comb and my Quidad double detangler..... Honestly they both work great! Altho I find I reach for my jilbere more, then follow up with my quidad. Idk why but I feel like the quidad helps define the curls more, while the jilbere separates the curls more. Either way nothing goes through my hair unless I have tons of conditioner in it and I'm in the shower.

I do not own a seamless but i do own a Ouidad - it has been the best thing in getting me through my long transition. I highly recommend it if your detangling is a nightmare and you're thinking of BCing earlier than you wanted to.

Last edited:
I think I might have to purchase the Ouidad Double Detangler for my next relaxer stretch. I'm relaxing in about 2 weeks, so not gonna make the purchase now as I won't be putting it to much use. But after my July relaxer, I won't be relaxing again until some time in December and this might be just what I need to help me lose even less hair.

I use both my Jilbere shower comb and my Quidad double detangler..... Honestly they both work great! Altho I find I reach for my jilbere more, then follow up with my quidad. Idk why but I feel like the quidad helps define the curls more, while the jilbere separates the curls more. Either way nothing goes through my hair unless I have tons of conditioner in it and I'm in the shower.

I am going to get the Ouidad for when my hair gets long.

I agree, I always comb/ detanle in the shower and with plenty condish! :lick:

bumping to see if anyone has additional input

divachyk
Thanks for bumping this!!!! I guess my hair is longer now (said in a prior post that I'd buy one once my hair got long) b/c I have one and LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! :yay: :love: The Ouidad DD comb is the best thing I've brought into my regimen! It does glide like butta! Little hair lost. Zero splits. And it does help clump my curls. It's my staple. I haven't used another comb or my Denman in months!!!! :D

Diva_Esq - I enjoy my Ouidad also. Just purchased some seamless bone combs. Haven't received them yet. I'm curious to see which I like best. It might be that I use the various combs for different purposes. Should that happen, they are not competitors, yet complimentors of each other.

Last edited:
Back