OMG!! Ouidad Double Detangler Comb...MAJOR PRODUCT RAVE!!!

This comb reminds me of a comb I got at Walgreens; its called the Revlon Amber Waves Ionic Anti Static Comb and comes in a set. The space between the two combs is a lot wider on the Quidad one though, so its probably better for some people. I love the Revlon one personally though, it defines my curls really well.

Sent from my iPad

This is the one I use, and it has been a godsend! I was able to complete a 12 week stretch for the first time with this and am now going to attempt a 16 week stretch and see how it goes. :yep:

Hmm, I wonder how this compares to the Tangle Tamer. I have that one and it's wonderful. It's electronic, but it cuts through my severe tangles without much effort. I am and always will be tender-headed, so I am always on the lookout for better ways to detangle. I love what the BKT has done for my single strand knots (reduced them by 85% easy), but I still have tangle issues from time to time. :)

Has anyone here used the Tangle Tamer and this product? If so, can you compare them? :)

Off to do some research. An electronic comb sounds... intriguing.

i didnt know they sold this on folica...they always have deals, so when it's in stock again i'm going to get one for my mom...she totally hijacked mine and uses it everyday...

I love my ouidad comb. As much as I hated detangling it makes it less stressful. I wish I had it 6 months ago. It would saved my length. It doesnt tug on my hair, and cuts down my tangling time. I seriously wanted to shave my head bc I hated detangling so much. So for me, it was worth the money bc I dont mind it anymore.

Sent from my VS910 4G using VS910 4G

I can't believe you held out on us! :lol: I'm going to Sephora as soon as it opens.

lmao! my bad i barely see reviews about anything but the comb so i didnt bother. although...the timing was wayyyyyyy off and i had to wake up to order my daggone stuff.

i didnt know they sold this on folica...they always have deals, so when it's in stock again i'm going to get one for my mom...she totally hijacked mine and uses it everyday...

this is exactly what i did. i waited till i needed to stock up on something else to meet the requirements for the coupon then bought it. i refused to buy it at full price. i must have got one of the last because i just got mine in the mail on monday.

hope to be back here in a couple weeks with a review. i typed one up all extra long then erased it because i realized when i detangled this morning in the shower i was coming from straight hair which is always easier for me to detangle. i need to review this bad boy after i've have a bun in my head for a week straight.

it did do fantastic on my daughters 3a/2bish hair, but most of us can't relate to that.

I just ordered the comb from Sephora's website! I hope it works....Because the cost, I went ahead and got all the freebies that I could, which include three samples (Gucci Guilty Pour Homme Eau de Toilette, Sephora Collection Supreme Body Butter, and the Perricone MD Cold Plasma). I also got two free iPhone covers by using the code "MOBILE" in the promotions area. Can't wait for my sturvs :)

I was thinking of purchasing it while I was in AZ but the comb cost about $10 more than advertised on the net.

I don't know... I may purchase it!

I use mine, but not often...it feels kinda harsh, although it does get the tangles out pretty quickly. If I do a quick shower detangle, the Ouidad works best, and doesn't feel like it's pulling out all of my hair. I like my Denman, and horn comb better.

still have it--ppl always say wow what a comb--i still love it...i used it when i was texlaxed--now that im natural i use it as well and i use it on all my lf's and etc..great detangler imho

buttttt its starting to do that thing--when the hairs start snagginggg on the tooths--which im a lil shocked by given the price tag of this comb

I've had mine for about 6 months now and I don't really use it anymore. It seems to pull my hair too harshly. I may pull it out again once my hair is longer, but I still don't like that snapping/pulling sound that I get when I use this comb.

I ordered the double detangler but ended up returning it because of the seams. For that price I think it should be seamless. I ended up getting the magic star jumbo rake which I prefer. It's more gentle, in my opinion, and I like the wider spaces.

alove15 said:
I ordered the double detangler but ended up returning it because of the seams. For that price I think it should be seamless. I ended up getting the magic star jumbo rake which I prefer. It's more gentle, in my opinion, and I like the wider spaces.

Exactly this !!

I've been using mine for a month+.

It has helped me tremendously because I was getting frustrated with detangling. I would go 2+ weeks without detangling because I hated it so much & it was taking longer & longer to do it.

I use it weekly on wash day & it has cut the time in half. I've tried a shower comb, denman brush, & this one has worked the best so far...

But what is this Magic Star Jumbo rake? :look: They got a dupe?

I've been using this comb consistently for almost 2 years. It's the only comb that I use to comb and detangle my hair. I love this comb because I can detangle in big sections (reduced detangling time) without getting any breakage and it really gets all of the shed hairs out. It glides through my hair and it doesn't snag. I highly recommend this comb!

I've used the Ouidad double detangler a few times now and it's made detangling so much easier.
I use it after a deep conditioning treatment (or with the conditioner on) and have been able to detangle my hair in 4 large sections.
I bought one for BFF for Christmas along with a denman. Not sure she used them yet but I've told her how great the comb is and expect her to love it.

It's heavy, but I find if I hold it by the comb instead of the handle it's easier to maneuver.

I have had this comb fo a few years and it is my best investment hands down.
It does not break my hair and does a great job getting out shed hair. Now that I leave my hair alone I will usually run the comb through it once every two weeks or so with a conditioner with lots of slip.
I would suggest anyone who wants one get it from ulta in case you don't like it you can take it back.

I heard that some people don't like the seams. I was wondering how you all feel about the fact that it's not seamless (those of you who love it and use it exclusively/often)?

i miss this comb i left it behind at a hotel :(....someone in maui is walking around with my ouidad lol

still have it--ppl always say wow what a comb--i still love it...i used it when i was texlaxed--now that im natural i use it as well and i use it on all my lf's and etc..great detangler imho

buttttt its starting to do that thing--when the hairs start snagginggg on the tooths--which im a lil shocked by given the price tag of this comb

Back