Which Butters are Best?

zoromo

Hello Ladies
I am looking for a natural butter beyond shea and do not know which one to choose. This thread may help others as well. Sorry if it has been done already.

Could you all name the butters you use, list the properties you have noticed, and rate the impact (+:yep: or-:nono:) they have had on your hair.

Shea butter used to work well on my hair, but nowadays my hair doesn't respond well to it.
Unfortunately cocoa butter also leaves my hair still brittle and with a white residue that i don't like, especially during winter.
I love castor oil as my sealant..it's thick enough to coat my strands as I would want, yet fluid enough to not be frustrating to use. I tend to dilute it a bit with grapeseed oil, which has many benefits for hair also...
Sorry about the castor oil plug when you're looking for advice on butters LOL
Good luck with the butters!

I like

Hemp butter
shealoe butter
Cupuacu butter
Mango butter

Just about anything you can get in an oil you can find in a butter. I want to try sunflower butter next.

I am feeling Seyani butter right now. That's a mix of a bunch of butters made by Shescentit. But I am researching going even more simple than that with something like sunflower butter or grapseed butter. Elasta QP mango butter has ALWAYS been excellent at protecting my ends and slicking down my edges.

LaidBak said:
I am feeling Seyani butter right now. That's a mix of a bunch of butters made by Shescentit. But I am researching going even more simple than that with something like sunflower butter or grapseed butter. Elasta QP mango butter has ALWAYS been excellent at protecting my ends and slicking down my edges.

Elasta QP is the bomb! Shea moisture's Shea butter conditioner also feels like a butter to me so I use it like one

Back