Butters- Which ones are you using and what is your hair type?

I'm 4 a/b relaxed/ texlaxed and my hair loves Kids Organic Shea Butter alongside Elasta QP Mango Butter.

Shea Butter: To moisturize and detangle hair

Mango Butter: to slick and lay hair down

Hair type: 3c/4a

Butters: Shea, Avocado, Mango

How: Along length of damp hair after each wash and DC

I just started using unrefined shea butter on my dry hair this week and I love it. It was purchased at an African store. I will try it on my wet hair when I wash today.

I'm 4b relaxed hair type. I use JC Nourish & Shine, shea butter, ghee, and look forward to using avocado butter in the near future.

I'm 3c.

The love of my life is Elasta QP Mango Butter.

I hate Shea Butter for my hair. It is too heavy, doesn't absorb well so it stays greasy and very oily, even when I use it on wet hair, and gives me the look of dandruff since it doesn't absorb and dries in light colored flakes after it melts a little.

The only product I can use with shea is Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner, and even that I need to use sparsely, though not solely because of the shea.

I'm 3c.

The love of my life is Elasta QP Mango Butter.

I hate Shea Butter for my hair. It is too heavy, doesn't absorb well so it stays greasy and very oily, even when I use it on wet hair, and gives me the look of dandruff since it doesn't absorb and dries in light colored flakes after it melts a little.

The only product I can use with shea is Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner, and even that I need to use sparsely, though not solely because of the shea.

This is the same way my hair reacts to the unrefined shea butter. Cantu works fine but I can only use a quarter size for my entire head. I thought I was doing something wrong with the unrefined shea butter. Thanks for posting this.

I have 3c hair and use the following. I like them all.

Sunflower Butter
Sweet Almond Butter
Olive Oil Butter
Avocado Butter

I use plain unrefined shea butter. Its the only thing I have found that keeps my ends moist. I like it on my fine 4a hair, but its too much for DD's fine 3c hair.

right now i'm using shea butter and shealoe. i'm going to make an avocado butter either tonight or tomorrow. my hair type is 4a. i like using these when i'm in the house or at night to moisturize my hair. i use a tiny bit on my hair before i apply my gel for my wash and gos. i'm a little more heavier with my twists. i want to see how the avocado is going to work. the recipe that i'm using said it will last for two months. it doesn't really make my coils pop, but it really moisturizes my hair. gels, pomades, water based stuff does that for my hair. i like my hair feeling greasy. i keep the heat up really high in my home so my hair and skin dry out quickly.

My hair type is 4a/b and I'm using macademia, avocado, sweet almond and pistachio butter to seal after moisturizing my hair. I have mango butter aswell but haven't used it yet.

I think I'm mostly 4a with some 3c and I've love my shea butter. It's very heavy, but my hair is very coarse and I like the way it weighs it down. My hair is also very dry so I love it for that.

I have made my own "moisturizer"
Shea butter
Aloe butter
Avocado butter
Jojoba oil
Emu oil
Rosemary essential oil.....all beaten & whipped together into a nice creamy lotion.....:lick:

Back