WHat are the best butters?

Avocado butter is my favorite too. It's soft and it melts in your hands. As long as FNWL doesn't send my gritty avocado butter, then I'm happy.

Aloe butter is my 2nd favorite, it's even softer and melts quickly. It's also cheaper than the avocado butter.

I also use the avocado and aloe butter on my face as well.

I don't like shea butter at all. It's too thick, it doesn't spread or melt easily, and it has that peculiar smell to it that I don't like.

As an african who grew up using shea butter everyday, I must admit, the scent is really not good, :lachen:. Its great on softening natural hair. Its much better to use when its whipped, you can use a blender to soften it up and make it easier to apply on the hair

Ive been so stuck on Coconut oil

I need to get back into my butters

I need to try some new ones:yep:

coconut oils been doing great on your hair, Im using coconut oil now as one of my staples and my hairs really soft and shiny. Im waiting for my aloe butter to come in until then Im using seyani whipped shea and coconut oil of course.

Last edited:
I tried avocado butter and it sucks for my hair. I don't know if I got a bad batch but it's hard, sticky and gritty when I try to melt it in my hands. So far pure unrefined Shea butter has worked wonders for my hair. It tamed my friz like no other moisturizer has been able to do successfully and it's cheaper than the other butters. I may try another in the future, but for now shea surpasses them all.

lovenharmony
you prob got a bad waxy batch of avocado butter usually it's smooth and melts into the hair.

Back