*When you've got knots in your hair and....*

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
Enough is enough, do you just cut it out?

I did this today, these three knots have been here since yesterday, and nothing was helping, I just cut them and that was that.

However, i'm thinking, if every time I get a knot I cut my hair off, will I have any hair left?

They usually only form after removing braids, although better braids (unbraid) is good, I still usually have at least 2 knots that won't budge.

x

I cut them off. Knots are a characteristic of natural hair. As natural hair grows it coils on itself. Along with this characteristic, combing pulls the curl down on itself forming a knot usually at the end of the the strand.

It is inevitable.

Trimming usually keeps this under control. I would just accept it as part of the territory. According to your signature you are transitioning. So I would get in the habit of trimming away the permed ends anyway, practice carefully combing through your hair only when completely covered in conditioner, and only with a wide toothed comb.

Also...the number one MAJOR rule....COMB FROM THE ENDS UP...NOT FROM THE ROOTS DOWN. This will help you detangle the knots without pulling out or breaking off the hair while you are transitioning.

I get a lot of them and I mean AN AWLFUL LOT OF THEM! I really don't like to cut my hair unless it is necessary. What I do is just take my time and detangle it. I do end up with a small piece of knot that breaks off but not as big as if I would have cut it. Unfortunately it is a part of life especially when your hair gets longer oh boy!

Thanks guys.

I always trim my hair once I've taken braids down.

these three knots were higher up the hair strand, and even when I cut them out, let me tell you, there was NO way of saving the hair!

Aaah well, not end of the world I guess.

xx

Back