When your SO pulls you into the finanacial abyss

vevster

With all this talk of the economic crisis....it brings to mind I know many couples in a precarious position financially because of bad business decisions or just bad fiscal judgment in general...

I know you have to compromise in relationships, but do you know how to stand up for yourself in your relationship if you know you spouse is making moves that will hurt your financial position?

That's just it. Stand up for yourself and let him know that you are aware of what he's doing. Give him an ultimatum and stick to it.

Indeed.

We each have a certain 'limit' of debt that we can get involved in without the others agreement, and the house is ALWAYS off limits.

With all this talk of the economic crisis....it brings to mind I know many couples in a precarious position financially because of bad business decisions or just bad fiscal judgment in general...

I know you have to compromise in relationships, but do you know how to stand up for yourself in your relationship if you know you spouse is making moves that will hurt your financial position?
No one wants hurt their spouse's feelings, but both of you are going to be hurt if he makes decisions that are going to cause financial problems. It sounds like this might be of those times when you have to be honest and let the chips fall where they may.

Back