when you wash and bun

chebaby

ok. here's my thing. im planning on co washing once a week and then shampoo and deep con once a week. but i dont understand those women who wash everyday and then bun. because to me it seems like the hair would pull and break when it dries.

so my question is, when you bun while the hair is wet does it break a lot because when you take the bun out isnt it tangled? doesnt the hair pull when it dries?

i just dont understand

I'd like to know this as well. When I was washing/co-washing my hair and trying to bun right after it seemed to be too much stress on my hair.

Maybe my hair just isn't that strong. I'd be interested in hearing what other ladies say.

My hair doesn't get tangled from putting it up in a loose bun. Keyword here is loose, don't make it too tight. After I moisturize my hair it's very easy to put up in a bun.

My hair doesn't get tangled from putting it up in a loose bun. Keyword here is loose, don't make it too tight. After I moisturize my hair it's very easy to put up in a bun.

What she said :D

Are you all doing buns like the one in Tiffer's avi or just pulling it back and looping it through a scrunchi?

TIA

Are you all doing buns like the one in Tiffer's avi or just pulling it back and looping it through a scrunchi?

TIA

Nope, I did that bun when my hair was already dry :yep:

After I wash and put on a leave in, I coil all of my hair into a big, loose bantu knot and wrap a satin scrunchie around it. Then I just leave it alone till it airdries

Thanks Tiffers, I'm gonna try that.

ETA: Where did you get the satin scrunchi Tiffers?

Last edited:
Nope, I did that bun when my hair was already dry :yep:

After I wash and put on a leave in, I coil all of my hair into a big, loose bantu knot and wrap a satin scrunchie around it. Then I just leave it alone till it airdries

Whenever I do that, it takes my hair 3 to 4 days to get really dry and it'd still be extremely tangled... I must be doing something wrong:wallbash:

Whenever I do that, it takes my hair 3 to 4 days to get really dry and it'd still be extremely tangled... I must be doing something wrong:wallbash:

What are you putting in your hair?

I take my bun down at night and braid it. Granted, I do co-wash every day so it's no biggie. Even if I skip a day I take my bun down and braid it so it dries fully. When I come home from work the middle of the bun will still be moist.

By the time I wake up in the morning it's all dry and ready to be washed again.

I've done a sock bun too, smaller than the one in tiffers's avatar wet as well.. that was kind of iffy cause it didn't want to cover the whole of the sock till it was drier.

I will also just braid or twist my hair up into one plait and clip it up with a ficcare.

I have the jade one here:
product_maximas_border2.jpg

Last edited:

I take my bun down at night and braid it. Granted, I do co-wash every day so it's no biggie. Even if I skip a day I take my bun down and braid it so it dries fully. When I come home from work the middle of the bun will still be moist.

I've done a sock bun too, smaller than the one in tiffers's avatar wet as well.. that was kind of iffy cause it didn't want to cover the whole of the sock till it was drier.

I will also just braid or twist my hair up into one plait and clip it up with a ficcare.

OK I see...I thought it was supposed to be fully dry. I am a newbie still looking for a good regimen. Normally I'd use a cheap Pantene condish and DC with Ors Hair Mayo, detangle, rinse and bun ...nothing sophisticated :perplexed But thanks for your directions, at least I know I am doing fine. I've just bought the MNT detangler and will try it this w-e to see if I can get rid of the tangles...we'LL see:spinning: TKx

These are too cute! Where did you get these from?:look:

Thanks Tiffers, I'm gonna try that.

ETA: Where did you get the satin scrunchi Tiffers?

I got them from tenderheaded a long time ago, but they don't have them anymore. So I had to go on a long search to find some, and I finally did on ebay. They're more expensive and a lesser quality than the ones on tenderheaded, but I gotta take what I can get :ohwell:

I don't remember who I bought them from, try doing a search on ebay for ''satin scrunchies'' or ''silk scrunchies'', I think I paid 8 bucks plus shipping for 12 scrunchies

Dammit why did you have to post this site? Oh well, nothing wrong with more hair candy. My protective styling just got a little funner :grin:

I never bun or use clips in my hair when wet....I just know to many people who got damage that way...I will co-wash at night sometimes...airdry in braided plaits and in the morning my hair is 90 % dry then I will bun.....Hair clips are very dangerous because it puts weight on your hair ...and your hair is most fragile when it is wet...:nono:

I got my clip from a little boutique in Grand Central. They sell gloves and scarves too. I figured it beat paying shipping.

Normally I use a soft hair tie if I'm bunning. I'll coat it with some of my moisturizer then coconut oil. It really helps with getting your hair caught.

Never just bun after rinsing. You should moisturize, seal and then but at least.

I never bun or use clips in my hair when wet....I just know to many people who got damage that way...I will co-wash at night sometimes...airdry in braided plaits and in the morning my hair is 90 % dry then I will bun.....Hair clips are very dangerous because it puts weight on your hair ...and your hair is most fragile when it is wet...:nono:

I do this when I can, but by the time I'm done for the night I normally just have enough energy to crawl into bed and put on a scarf (around 1am).

Back