Bunners--Do you bun until next wash day?

Do you bun until the next wash day?

• Yes

Votes: 30 17.4%
  • No, I rebun.

Votes: 142 82.6%

• Total voters
Yay for the search function!! I am new to bunning and I have been taking it down nightly moisturizing the ends with Qhemets AOHC and sealing with castor oil or coconut oil. I've also been massaging my scalp with Afroveda's Hibiscus oil every other day or so.

When I am in a bunning stretch, I co-wash daily & re-bun. I hear a lot of ladies on here talk about low or no manipulation, and that's just not an option for me. My hair grows 3/4-1" per month and I comb and brush when I want. With me transitioning and having 2 textures, I cannot just go without detangling. And b/c I wet bun with condish, my hair will dry out if I go too long without re-wetting. What has been working for me that has allowed me to skip a day of cowashing is wet bun regimen one day, then the next day my hair is damp and wavy & about 50-75% dry, I don't re-wet or co-wash but I smooth my hair down and do a slightly messier, less sleek side bun with a pretty hair pin like in my album. Here's what I mean. Pic #1 is my sleek bun (usual 1st day look), then Pic #2 is my dryer bun. That way if I get busy or I'm running late, I have an option of not co-washing. Hope that makes sense.

picture.php

picture.php

When I am in a bunning stretch, I co-wash daily & re-bun. I hear a lot of ladies on here talk about low or no manipulation, and that's just not an option for me. My hair grows 3/4-1" per month and I comb and brush when I want. With me transitioning and having 2 textures, I cannot just go without detangling. And b/c I wet bun with condish, my hair will dry out if I go too long without re-wetting. What has been working for me that has allowed me to skip a day of cowashing is wet bun regimen one day, then the next day my hair is damp and wavy & about 50-75% dry, I don't re-wet or co-wash but I smooth my hair down and do a slightly messier, less sleek side bun with a pretty hair pin like in my album. Here's what I mean. Pic #1 is my sleek bun (usual 1st day look), then Pic #2 is my dryer bun. That way if I get busy or I'm running late, I have an option of not co-washing. Hope that makes sense.

picture.php

picture.php

Pretty bun lady!

Back