When was your AHA moment?

mscounselor

After reading many posts over the months a common theme emerged. It seems there was that "one moment" where everyone knew that whatever state of hair they had was what they would stay with and were happy to have.
When was that moment for you?
What are you ? (natural, relaxed, texturized,etc.)

TIA

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking when the moment you realized that your hair was "whatever" way, wasn't changing, and decided to just accept that was?

MizAvalon said:
I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking when the moment you realized that your hair was "whatever" way, wasn't changing, and decided to just accept that was?
Yep...the moment that (insert type hair...relaxed, natural, or whatever) was the way for you and you were happy with it.

since i found the board, i went back and forth a few times on whether i want this straight look or not... but I still want it, lol. Someday though, I want to be all natural, but I have time.

mscounselor said:
After reading many posts over the months a common theme emerged. It seems there was that "one moment" where everyone knew that whatever state of hair they had was what they would stay with and were happy to have.
When was that moment for you?
What are you ? (natural, relaxed, texturized,etc.)

TIA

when i joined the board i had learned from it to transition to space out my perms not to be natural .after one year transitioning and fighting both textures, with hair thinning considerably from relaxers, i realized i could have the best of both worlds by chopping everything and embracing my 4b natural hair, i could wear my hair nappy in a bush freestyle, or afro or braidout or straight pressed or curls i would have more choice then being relaxed and thicker thicker hair and my straight or curly look would look way fuller and thicker. i love all types of looks, relaxed, afro they all fit me and make me look different and i love to change heads if i want short hair i could always wear a wig or a short weave so the versatility was not only my aha moment but taking care of my hair made me aware of my health and wanted to eat healthier take care of my skin and now even for food to shampoos to lotions i read labels before i did not care at all it was just hair now its not only my trademark,my look and call it vanity i looooooooove my hair i guess i m a hair addict i m obsessed with hair,beautyz(makeup and lip gloss addict), fashion , shopping and traveling hihihi :grin:

Last edited:
My AHA moment was when I first realized there was such a thing as hair boards for black hair! I quickly discovered LHCF through another hair board and realized I needed to get rid of all the damaging heat I was using on my relaxed hair. Maybe one day I'll get a flat iron or something but not using heat has been huge for me.

Netta1 said:
When I finally learned to accept my hair as it is.....Nappy.
I have to agree with this! That day occured for me on October 6, 2005. From the time I discovered hair care boards in 2000 until then, I was always on the quest for long relaxed hair. I achieved the shoulder length goal I set for myself but then became too obsessed to reach bra strap length. Within the past 5 years, my hair and scalp paid the price with all of the relaxing and product experiments. And I finally came to the realization that, for me, it was time for a change and I just needed to accept my hair for what it is. After a few months of transitioning, my AHA moment was realized when I took my scissors and cut off all of my relaxed hair that was 2 inches below my shoulders. :)

Back