When do you graduate from TWA to not so TWA?...

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
How many inches constitutes a TWA. Do you have a TWA until 5, 6, 7 inches?!! When do I get out of TWA status. I'm in the 5-6 inch range...

I consider a twa to be 1-3 inches in length. 5-6 inches is not so Teenie Weenie to me anymore lol /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Thats enuff hair for a short bob if it was straighted.

OH YAY!!! So, I don't have a TWA anymore! Yeah when my hair is pressed, it looks like a little wig. It's grown soo much!

ITA with Ayeshia! With more than 3 inches that’s an AFRO with a capital A and nothing teeny weeny about it.

Hey Ayeshia,

Girl I thought that was Ashanti again in your avatar, until I recently looked at your album. I am loving the twist.

I don't think your in the TWA stage anymore. It leaves pretty quickly, lol. At least it did for me.

[ QUOTE ]
naptrl said:
OH YAY!!! So, I don't have a TWA anymore! Yeah when my hair is pressed, it looks like a little wig. It's grown soo much!

[/ QUOTE ]

How many months did this take?? To get out of the TWA stage?? Stretched my hair is between 3-4 inches..but unstretched..it's only 1.5 inches..it's really curly.. I'm hoping the TWA stage goes by really really fast.. How long do you think it will take?? Are there any products that are good at helping with the shrinkage??

Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
blkbeauty said:
Hey Ayeshia,

Girl I thought that was Ashanti again in your avatar, until I recently looked at your album. I am loving the twist.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol /images/graemlins/cool.gif thanx blkbeauty /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
naptrl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

How many months did this take?? To get out of the TWA stage?? Stretched my hair is between 3-4 inches..but unstretched..it's only 1.5 inches..it's really curly.. I'm hoping the TWA stage goes by really really fast.. How long do you think it will take?? Are there any products that are good at helping with the shrinkage??

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

it took me about 6 months..but it depends on how long your hair is pre BC. I started at .5 in in Nov 2003 and then by May i had about 4 inches of hair. it could have been longer but i did two trims after my bc.

im not sure of any products that help with shrinkage.

[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:
Stretched my hair is between 3-4 inches..but unstretched..it's only 1.5 inches..it's really curly.. I'm hoping the TWA stage goes by really really fast.. How long do you think it will take?? Are there any products that are good at helping with the shrinkage??

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Natural shea Butter, pomades???Or something heavy like that. You could also twist your hair when drying, and then untwist in the morning to elongate the texture. I haven't tried this, but you also might be able to dry your hair with rods, or something like that to lengthen the curls.

Anybody else??????

It took me only 2 months or so to get out of the TWA since I am now classified as a not so TWA wearer. I got the official big chop in August of 2004 My hair was about 2.5-3 inches stretched. now it's 5.5-6 at the beginning of november when I got braids. I am happy with my growth and it is growing really fast. I still get major shrinkage, but actually, I've found that the thing that helps most with shrinkage is growing longer hair!!

[ QUOTE ]
Ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
naptrl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

it took me about 6 months..but it depends on how long your hair is pre BC. I started at .5 in in Nov 2003 and then by May i had about 4 inches of hair. it could have been longer but i did two trims after my bc.

im not sure of any products that help with shrinkage.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not bad then.. and your hair started off shorter than mine...

Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
Brownie said:
[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:
Stretched my hair is between 3-4 inches..but unstretched..it's only 1.5 inches..it's really curly.. I'm hoping the TWA stage goes by really really fast.. How long do you think it will take?? Are there any products that are good at helping with the shrinkage??

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Natural shea Butter, pomades???Or something heavy like that. You could also twist your hair when drying, and then untwist in the morning to elongate the texture. I haven't tried this, but you also might be able to dry your hair with rods, or something like that to lengthen the curls.

Anybody else??????

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try a pompade.. I would like to try that one from Asha's Naturals..someone said it was good..

Thanks girl!

Back