What's your Mega-Tek Regiment???

I mix 1oz MegaTek, 10drops teatree oil, 20drops jojoba oil, 20drops emu oil. I apply to my scalp-only 5x per week, and wash 2x per week. I have been doing this without fail since November 22nd, 2008. Got my relaxer on December 20th....stretching for 12 weeks. My new growth is SSIIIICCCCKKKKK!!!! Cant wait to touch up. MegaTek has made my hair so thick. But somehow, it helps keep the ng soft & manageable. Its just a forest in there right now. I mosturize & seal the rest of he hair every night.

Hope this helps.:yep:

I've been using Megatek(cell rebuilder. black bottle, blue script) for just over 2 weeks. I shampoo and then apply MT to my hair and scalp in the shower. I put on a plastic cap and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. after rinsing it out, I DC with a moisturizing conditioner for about an hour under a bonnet dryer.

I did a pre poo with it today... I applied it to my scalp, and then after i was done, applied it to the rest of my hair, and kept my hair under a plastic cap for 45 minutes. then washed, conditioned. my hair came out fine.

i also take garlic supplements (2 per day), so i don't use a garlic shampoo. i have noticed less shedding that normal. my hair is softer and stronger since using megatek. i can't tell if i have new growth yet... my last touch up was 4 weeks ago. maybe too early for that. :)

I'm not part of the challange, but I use MT 2-3 times a week on my scalp and then I also use it as a deep conditioner on the entire length of my hair once a week. When I use it on the entire lengh of my hair I follow up with the Premier Cream rinse conditioner. I also alternate daily between the Avocado Mist and the Premier spray & moisturize with Long Aid Activator Gel.

i keep it simple. regular old megatek rebuilder straight to scalp daily. i top it off with an oil creme mosturizer just so my hair isn't dried up. after a month the length of my hair is kinda scaring me. lol
So what is the name of the oil creme moisturizer? and do you put the moisturizer on the scalp to or just the hair or both.

Thank you for this thread! I spent the last week looking for information on mega tek. I ordered some today from www.jefferspet.com. A local feed shop said they buy their products from there, but did not carry Mega-Tek in the store, so I trusted the site more. I should get it early next week. It is the black bottle with blue writing. I wasn't sure where to order it from and wanted a trusted site.

My plan is to use it as a rinse out type of product for the first 2 weeks. I have a BKT in my hair and Im worried about putting too much protein on my hair. If all goes well, I will apply it to my scalp after putting coconut oil on my scalp.

Good luck in your mega-tek adventures...

I can't wait to read more on the ways you use it.

Last edited:
When I used it I use to put a half a tea spoon in a bottle and fill it up with about 2-3 oz of water shake and apply to scalp. It actually foams up and absorbs into the scalp better not to mention it helps for the protein sensitive.

Here's my mixture:

1/4 MT
1/4moegrow oil
1/4 castor oil
1/4 aloe vera gel

mix in an applicator bottle and apply to scalp at least 4x week. on saturdays i wash with an organic shampoo. Porosity control. then dc with moisturizing condish (plastic cap) under dryer for 30 min. Rinse then apply MT mix to scalp and coconut oil from roots to ends. I do not use garlic pills anymore as I hate swallowing those big pills. Therefore I do have alot of shedding. My hair is still getting thick and growing though. HTH

Hello,

Great thread because I was confused for the first week!

1. I use the rebuilder (black bottle with blue writing)
2. Mix it with Indian Oils e.g Bhringraj oil and apply like grease to scalp only & moisturize hair every other day.
3. Apply 4x a week, wash once a week & deep condition every week.
4. Take 150 mg of garlic capsules every day to prevent shedding (no shedding thus far)
5. I purchase my MT from Amazon ... probably pay a bit more but fast shipping.

You have almost the exact regiment as I have except I do apply every day and wash once a wk. I also use the hydrating mist by the same co. to moist. As a matter of fact Amazon has it cheaper than anyone eles! At least for the moment!

Last edited:
I have a horse store near my house. Actually, there might be more than one. You all are making me want to go check them out. :sekret:

I just ordered some today from Amazon! I tried to resist...oh well. I will apply it 3 times a week along with sulfur & castor oil. <---It don't get no stronger than that there mix! LOL Hopefully I will get it right after I get my install on Friday.

Last weekend I used it as a rinse while doing a co-wash and then applied it to my scalp with coconut oil before I did the blow dry.

This weekend in the areas where I was lazy and applied a lot of MT, I felt a lot more new growth.

I washed my hair about an hour ago and used it as a rinse again, but I will not be applying to my scalp until I find the right mixture, my ends were extremely dry last time.

I will probably wear my hair curly next weekend and I will be able to apply it to my scalp without it changing my texture!

Hey BlackDiamond21,

I started one of the MT/OCT Challenge for 2010 b/c the org challenge was closed. Some of the other ladies have posted their reggie there so take a look when u get a minute. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=429988&highlight= Also, you're welcome to join up if you like (yes ladies, shameless plug for my thread :lachen:).

Below is my detailed reggie and a pic of my MT bottle. I don't mix w/ anything b/c I want the full strength of MT. I also don't take garlic supplements. My hair doesn't shed excessively and I'm very happy w/ my results thus far.

HTH and Good luck :grin:

Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday
1. Shampoo with Nexxus Therappe (2x’s)
2. Deep Condition under hooded dryer for 30 minutes with Nexxus Humectress (I find this gives me grrreat slip)
3. Leave-In with Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch
4. Apply Mega-Tek to scalp only using color applicator bottle
5. Moisturize with Luster’s S-Curl No Drip (applied to the length of the hair)
6. Seal with Carrot Oil (applied to last 2-3 inches)
*Sunday only Apply Porosity Control following Humectress rinse out (according to directions on bottle)

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
1. Moisturize with Luster’s S-Curl No Drip (applied to the length of the hair)
2. Seal with Carrot Oil (applied to last 2-3 inches)

Attachments

• CIMG2865.jpg
    CIMG2865.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 6
Back