What's your favorite flat iron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allandra

Now that I have a new hair cut, I feel like I should purchase a new flat iron. :look:

What's your favorite flat iron?

I currently have a Sedu and a FHI (Runway).

Ms.Allandra

I need a trusted review of the FHI EPS Black Diamond flat iron, :yep: So, please buy that and provide feedback on the black diamond plates. It has three ceramic layers, and the FHI Runway has six ceramic layers. I want to know if you can tell the difference between the two due to the diamonds.

I'm interested in the FHI because you can see the exact temperature on the read out.

The Runway is suppose to be the Holy Grail of flat irons! Why do you want a new flat iron? Are you bored? Did your plates turn brown or wear out?

Maybe I'm wrong but I think you already have the cream of the crop. I veered away from Sedu and regretted it. I recently repurchased the Sedu and I'm so happy.

Sedu > Babyliss > Solia

That's just my experience though.

L'oreal steam pod has changed my hair for the better!
It's never been so shiny or quick :D

And no blow drier needed, just air dry and go.

Had the old Sedu and loved it but after many years it just didn't straighten the same. I bought a Sultra Diva Pressing Iron a few months back and it's my new favorite. I look like I just stepped out of the shop when I use that iron on my natural 4b hair. My family is always asking me who did my hair thinking I'm going to tell them some hairdresser. I only need one pass to get relaxer straight hair which I couldn't do with Sedu.

The only con to this iron is that it only has 2 heat settings: relaxed (420 degrees) and natural (450 degrees). I'm natural but I use the relaxed setting and it's enough. If you don't like high heat then this iron wouldn't be good for you. I use to crank my Sedu up to 410 though because anything less my hair laughs at. I do use Sabino moisture block which I feel helps tremendously as a buffer between my hair and the high heat.

Had a Sedu, worked well for my relaxed hair, not sure how it would have worked for my natural air. My Sedu broke after about 3 years with very little use. So then I got a Chi, wasn't really that great at keeping my natural hair straight. Got a Babyliss. I'm in love!!

You have the fhi runway and that's my favorite. I have bought other flat irons since that one but I either sell, try to sell or give away the new ones because I always reach for the runway for tried and true results I can count on.

Ms.@Allandra

I need a trusted review of the FHI EPS Black Diamond flat iron, :yep: So, please buy that and provide feedback on the black diamond plates. It has three ceramic layers, and the FHI Runway has six ceramic layers. I want to know if you can tell the difference between the two due to the diamonds.

I'm interested in the FHI because you can see the exact temperature on the read out.

The Runway is suppose to be the Holy Grail of flat irons! Why do you want a new flat iron? Are you bored? Did your plates turn brown or wear out?

MileHighDiva

I just want to try a new flat iron. My FHI Runway is fine (barely been used). :lol:

For some reason, I seem to love my Sedu flat iron more than my FHI Runway. I'm not sure if that's because I've owned / used my Sedu longer than my FHI Runway. Maybe I will try my FHI Runway on my new hair cut in the near future.

I used my FHI Runway on my hair yesterday, and I love the results (straight, bouncy, movable, non-greasy hair). This flat iron did much better on my shorter hair than on my hair when it was tail bone length. So, I guess I won't buy a new flat iron just yet. Thx for your replies ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back