What's the Weirdest or Most Non-Traditional Way You Have Used A Product?

LocksOfLuV

I am thinking about using a leave-in as a deep conditioner.:eek: :lol: I have good thoughts about it too.

Anyways, What's the Weirdest or Most Non-Traditional Way You Have Used A Product?

Some of the weirdest ways I have used products are:

Nexxus Emergencee, like aphogee (letting it dry hard under the dryer). I even tried this with Keraphix with great results!:D

Warming up conditioner in the microwave before applying it to my hair (yes I was that lazy and I didn't want to sit under the dyer). Didn't work out to well but I tried.

I have used leave-ins as pre-poos too.

I have added serum to my DC for extra bling and it DOES work. :yep:

Your turn!

I always mix up the conditioners and put them in the microwave. But then I let them cool and then sit under the dryer. I've used some hair oils on my body before.

I'm going to try adding serum to my DCs though.

jwhitley6 said:
I used Humectress to moisturize my feet once. It worked really well...:lol:

I use my cheapie conditioners that I don't like as lotion. They smell good and they make me soft!:lol:

SBQ, you should try it. You may like it.:)

LocksOfLuV said:
Warming up conditioner in the microwave before applying it to my hair (yes I was that lazy and I didn't want to sit under the dyer). Didn't work out to well but I tried.

I've done this before. I never sit under the dryer.

yep, I've used condish as emergency lotion.

I've warmed them in the microwave.

Use jojoba oil to remove makeup.

Formed designs and shapes on the floor with my many many bottles of products :look:

RavenIvygurl said:
ditto

I also deep condition my hoo-haa hair so it will be soft. hey, that hair is 4b too, it needs moisture.
:lachen: That is too funny! I think that one takes the cake. I just mixed a protein leave in (smooth n shine leave in) with my deep conditioner. It has lots of protein, minerals, and vitamins it also has a liquid consistency so it mixes well. I didn't see much of a difference maybe I'll try it again.

RavenIvygurl said:
ditto

I also deep condition my hoo-haa hair so it will be soft. hey, that hair is 4b too, it needs moisture.

While I don't deep condition it, sometimes I use those hair/body oils like Hot 6 to seal in moisture from my shower. Works great!!!

CAPlush said:
While I don't deep condition it, sometimes I use those hair/body oils like Hot 6 to seal in moisture from my shower. Works great!!!

Hot 6 oil...really....:cool: I thought about using some sunsilk creme down there to keep it soft but I did for fear that I was really losing it

This thread is toooooo funny!

I have been using up my cheap conditioners as shave creams and as in-shower moisturizer. I have to try them as lotion tho, that's a good idea!

I use shampoo that I tried and didn't like to refill my hand soap containers in the bathrooms. They smell nice and lather up well. :)

RavenIvygurl said:
ditto

:lachen: :lachen: I might have to try that. :look: I usually shave with conditioner too.

when i first found the boards, i saw that sulfates were really drying to the hair...so i compared the ingredients to my suave shampoo to my suave bodywash and they were almost identical...so i used the shampoo as my bodywash :D you get so much more of the shampoo for a cheaper price...

but i am definitely gonna put some serum in my next deep conditioner and use a cheaper conditioner as lotion...i love the smell of that tropical coconut anyway :p

Some years ago I was lurking on another haircare forum and a few people were raving about how they put NOXZEMA in their hair. They claimed it made their curly hair more "relaxed". A few people said they would never put Noxzema in their hair because it had calcium hydroxide, which they said is a relaxer ingredient. Well, I decided to try it and it did nothing but leave a white residue on my hair. I've never liked the smell of Noxzema anyway.

gymfreak336 said:
Hot 6 oil...really....:cool: I thought about using some sunsilk creme down there to keep it soft but I did for fear that I was really losing it

I use castor oil. It didn't really work well in my hair, but if you rub it on really well after shaving and for a few days afterwards, it keeps the shaving bumps away. Totally dude!:lol:

I also just read on a hair product site about using serums mixed with deep conditioners can really make your hair bling. I'm gonna have to give that a try and see if I can get rid of this huge bottle of Chi serum and Elucence serum I have that are just sitting and taking up useful space.;)

I've tried the conditioner as lotion thing too.

I use shampoos as bathroom cleansers and body washes.

The serum in the DC sounds like something interesting to try.

I've got two...using NTM Shine Serum on my dog and using CDs SOMM on my face ...it works awesome for severly dry skin!

Chayil

Back