What's the Weirdest or Most Non-Traditional Way You Have Used A Product?

:lachen: @ this thread, I knew it was gonna be something to take the cake, but hey a girl gotta do what a girls gots to do. :lol:

I've used the baby oil gel as lip gloss and my nature's blessings b4, and added vitamins like biotin and msm to hair grease. Oh yeah and I've used hot six oil and Africa's Best oil as a lotion/body oil.

Today I was out of all leave in/grease/you name it. I was desperate after my wash and put Johnson & Johnson's Lavender Baby Oil Gel in :look:

ETA: After shaving my legs in the summer if I am out of lotion I will spray oil sheen on my legs. *NO shame!!*

I use evoo on my preggie belly.

Actually a LHCF member told me about it. It keeps the skin smooth and pretty, no strecth marks. (just add it to your other lotions or by itself!!!)

Just yesterday I washed with a moisture poo, and then conditioned with Miss Key 10en1 & silicon mix.

I liked the way my hair felt after, so decided to try to use this deep conditioner combo as a leave in.

I got a tad of both in my palm, whirled it around with some water to spread better, and applied and it felt sooo nice. All I needed (didn't really need it though...) was some Fantasia serum and I did a braid out.

The result is very soft, fragrant, moisturized hair!!
I will be doing this again, to use up my stash!!:)

I just learned you shouldn't do this about a year ago, but back when I was living at home I freely used any shampoo I didn't like on my horse and dog. My poor baby Sam would be running around smelling like all sorts of fruity flowery bouquets. Dad couldn't stand it.

You shouldn't use it because it messes with their skin ph and eventually gives them itchy, dry skin.

ETA: Would use baby oil to shine my horse's face and give it that shiny greasy look for a show, and also we used baby powder on the white portions of their bodies (socks and legs) to make the white stand out and last longer in the show ring.

I have heard of people using baby powder to dry "wash" their hair. Well, white folks. It supposedly sops up the grease dirt and oil in their hair.

Last edited:
Vaseline on the hands, knees, feet, and elbows. It's great on the nails and around the nail bed to keep from getting dry crusted hangnails.

A local breeder told me to use Pantene on my shih-tzu. She said that it works better on their skin and for their hair (if you have one you know it's not like fur..... AT ALL..... :ohwell: ) My little woof muffin liked it alot. I'd use it on his body but baby shampoo on his head. He's sensitive to pet shampoos. :(

Last edited:
One time when I was younger, I put Blue Magic hair grease on my legs because we ran out of lotion and I did not want to go to school ashy. My legs were extra shiny and slighty sticky that day.:p

:lachen: RIG!!!!! Lol (I am goign to try that :sekret: )

I am so loving to read this thread!!

I used Therappe as a bubble bath too, and I won't hesitate to use shampoo as a bubble bath.

I also washe dmy mom's dog with it too.:look:

I am mad ( :mad: ROARRRR) because my hoo haa hair is soft,silky, and almost straight without any effort on my part. If only the hair on my head was the same way. :lol:

I've used shampoo as a bubble bath for my son when I ran out of his magic bubble.

I will oil sheen my legs in a minute.
I use bobby pins to clean the wax out of my ears:look:

longhairluva said:
I've used shampoo as a bubble bath for my son when I ran out of his magic bubble.

I will oil sheen my legs in a minute.
I use bobby pins to clean the wax out of my ears:look:

No, wait, that is a perfectly legitimate use.:lol: :lol: :lol: On a grosser note, I have used bobby pins to extract blackheads. I have an extractor now, but if I lose it I won't hesitate to grab a bobby pin.

Back