whats the longest you've kept in braids

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
whats the longest you\'ve kept in braids

including cornrows & individuals. the crown & glory method is to keep them in for 1-2 months. do you ever exceed this amount of time or did you have too much newgrowth and wanted to rebraid for neatness.

Re: whats the longest you\'ve kept in braids

YEARS ago, I kept some braids in for about 3 1/2 months. They were done with Kanekalon and fairly small. I took great care of them and experienced no damage, but these days, I don't think I'd keep extensions in that long.

for me the 2 months is all I can stand. I tried to do the 3 month thing, but my hair looked like a hot mess. my hair grows fairly fast this time of year so,-2 months for me.

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
3 months and never again.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey! do you mean never getting braids again or lenght of time?
frown.gif

i think it was 5 months. back in the day when my mum use to pay for them.(cheap skate) she thought it was a waste of money to get them done frequently. i did'nt really care either. but i will only keep them in for 8 weeks at a time now

5 months --- not such a bright idea. Everyone and their mother kept offering to "fix up my hair".
laugh.gif

7 weeks.
I was trying to go for 8 weeks, but my average is 4-5 weeks and I couldn't take it more than 7.
I'm going to make my average 6 weeks- that seems to be the best amount of time for me.

3 months but they started to lock in the front and in Trinidad at the time it was not professional looking so my boss ansed me to take them out...these days i know better, I'd tell her where to go , my hair did grow a lot though, somthing like 2 1/2 inches but i lost some trying to take the locks out with a pin.

2 months has always been the max for me, but I have some in now and want to go to 3 if possible. I never experience any damage because I always keep them moisturized but if it looks bad I'll take them down.

2 monthsfor me. A co-worker has had her mini-micros in since JANUARY. She had her edges re-done in May. She has about two inches of new growth. She showed me. I know her relaxed ends are going to been thin.. It happened to her the last time she had braids.

3 weeks with cornrows.
i've never had individuals, and i dont plan on it either.

Cornrows-2 weeks
Individuals-6 wks (if that)
I wash them a lot so I cannot keep them long. I hate that messy look. Plus I get paranoid that the hair might loc underneath at the roots. I don't think I could wear braids again, I just don't have the patience for them anymore the older I get!

3 months generally. I did keep in some micros for about 4 because I was pregnant at the time. This last time with my cornrows, I only lasted 4 weeks because of the growth. I plan on getting some indiv ones soon and hope to last for 3 months again.

The longest ever was almost 3 months. This year 6-8 weeks is long enough for me.

I have kept braids in for 6 months and the key to doing this is keep the braids moist and conditioned. Deep conditioning also is a key factor.

2 years.. with washing and conditioning.
My hair dreaded and then I removed my locks..
My hair was SUPER long..but it was kinda thin..
I should charge those who are interested in removing dreads..

I had individual braids back in 1995 and I kept them in for over 3 months. The hairdresser who braided my hair told me not to wash them at all
shocked.gif
I did not have a clue how to care for them so my hair was one hot mess when I took them out and I had alot of breakage. Now I keep my cornrows in for approx 4-5 weeks and I make sure that I keep them super moisturised.

[ QUOTE ]
carletta said:
[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
3 months and never again.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey! do you mean never getting braids again or lenght of time?
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I'm sorry. I meant the time frame.
smile.gif
Also, I do them myself because last time, the lady ran a cigarette lighter over my plaits to melt away flyaways. That's not cool.
ohwell.gif

6 months. I was turning a straight up rasta. I had just moved here from Los Angeles and I wasnt working yet so I couldnt affrod to take them out and get a perm so I just kept them there. I would never do that again. The most I would do is 2 months.

3 months..with a touch up after each month....
braids have really attributed to much of my growth...my experiences with them have been positive..except for the hairline area situation...which i have solved...but for the most part...i have been getting my hair braided in the summer and winter ever since i was 12 and thus far they have been beneficial

Back