What's the funniest name people have given your hair?

Thelma when it was nape length and I'd wear it in a puff
Chaka Khan when its big and poofy
The Supreme's or Dream Girl when I rollerset and the humidity makes it BIG

Don King :blush:

The really funny part is, that was when I was relaxed! My hair never wanted to stay down, even with that calcium hydroxide all up in it.

Girl... my mom used to look like Don King when she woke up in the morning because she never used to tie her hair up til I made her do it when I was like 13 (I don't know why she listened to me... my hair was all kinds of damaged by heat, but for some reason, I knew tying your hair up was a good thing... lol) and she's had a relaxer almost her entire life. TRUST - it IS possible!

Sideshow bob.
I wore my hair big and curly and some idiot on the train called me carrot top! :o My hair has natural brown streaks but come on!

When I was a teen, a couple of my classmates would call me Liono from the Thundercats. I didn't have a relaxer at the time and my hair was thick and would puff up easily. I don't why I told my younger brother about it because he agreed and started calling me Liono, also. I didn't find it funny then, but I can laugh about it now.

Thundercats.jpg

When I was young, before I had a relaxer, my mom would call me Chaka Khan. And when she use to do it in little twists, some ppl would call me Medusa lol

Grandmother: Whoopi. as in whoopi goldberg because she used to do my hair in thousands of plaits....she lucky i love her lol she still calls me that...

Boyfriend: Pheasant. I have a cowlick and he swears it taunts him on purpose lol

my hair is not dirty ... its kinky ... I don't care because the person who said it has see through hair ... hater :lol:

Oh... she was trying to say it was dirty?
Whomp!
I don't know why people think that!
People are convinced that locs are dirty too. :rolleyes:
Anyway, tell her busted head to go somewhere. At least you have hair to wash if it WAS "dirty," unlike Baby Huey over there.

Fluffy...
Bone, Bone, bone, bone, bone, bone, bone, bone (said to the tune of Bone Thugs n Harmony- Crossroads)
Hawaiian Silky #5
Moptop

Last edited:
My hair has been called Freddie (from a different world) and Diana ( Ms. Ross of course) by friends.

Also ... fragglerock :blush: (by some random guy in college who I didn't want to talk to at a night club)

Last edited:
My brother calls my braidouts and wash-n-goes the "mushroom caps."

A coworker told me once she thought my wigs were cute, but she saw my natural styles as "happy hair." That made me smile.

I love "happy hair" so much!!!!!
And ol dude hating with the "Fraggle Rock" comment... :rolleyes:
That's like a dude tryna holla and after you reject him: "Man, you ugly anyway."
Whaaaaaaa?
Boy, bye.

I'm 18 weeks post and was at my desk with my hair loose. My daughter walked in the door, did a double take and said "Mom, you look like you're wearing double bump it's." Now she calls my hair double bump.

It's ok though I still love her....maybe.....

I wore my hair in a 2 day old braidout to work last Friday to see if it would hold up (I typically pull it up for work) and I overheard one of my patients refer to me as the nurse with the "fluffy hair" LMAO. It was too funny.

My family call me "Foxy Cleopatra" whenever I blow it out.

Back