What's the Best product for a curly perm look

After three years of being natural I think I am ready for a change. Over the last 18 mos I have been regularly pressing, but my schedule has become so busy that I think something easier to manage. I no longer want to wear twists, and I don't like the constant blowdrying. I've been thinking about a texturizer or wave nouveau, but I used to have a jheri curl up until 1995 (yes I wore it in the 90s) and I really don't want to end up in that kind of bind a again. My stylist says that a wave noveau is easy to maintain and can be blown straight, but part of me thinks she's just tired of pressing my shoulder length hair. Anybody have any experience with these types of products recently? Thanks.

Hey Sunshine91496,
I had a curl back in the day also, with the plastic bag and the whole nine. About 2 years ago I decided to go back to a wave because there is no hassle and my hair was past my shoulders in college, but hadn't been since I returned to the relaxer my senior year. I've tried the one by avalon(keracare maker) called ferm. It's nice, it doesn't get drippy at all and looks extremely natural. There are new rolling techniques available. If you find a knowledgable stylist like I did, it shouldn't be a hassle at all. I currently have a wave nouveau because it was time to switch my chemicals, but it is nothing like the old days. No plastic bags for one, and no special shampoos and conditioners. There is still the spray and gel, but they also have a cream moisturizer which I love, and sometimes I use the moisturizer by Mizani that works really well too. I also use the frizz fighting serums after I shampoo, so that I don't have to use so much moisturizer.

I don't regret getting it again. I like it much better this time around. I get constant compliments from my husband about how healthy my hair looks now. Talk to your stylist and let him/her know that you want a really natural look to your process and they should be able to do it for you.

Good Luck:)

Thanks for the advice on this, I might just do that. I don't read much online about the wave nouveau, so its good to hear that someone is pleased with the results. So the cream and mist that you have to use does it keep the hair wet or is it dry. Do you every straighten your hair with the wave nouveau?

I had both the original Jerhi Curl and the Wave Noveou. And while the later didn't require all of the hassle of the first, I found that my hair was never really curly unless it was kinda wet anyway:ohwell: I also found that my hair always seemed very dry. Perhaps if you work really hard on moisture and friz fighting you be in good shape. Best of luck...although you know I gotta put my two cents in and argue that you keep that beautiful hair natural. :D

Back