What's in your spray bottle?

toyas08

I'll go first, I don't measure anything I go by sight. Mine is half water and half vegetable glycerin, evoo, and acv. I did use coconut oil but I stopped because it kept solidifying so I use it separate. I use it when I feel my hair needs moisture and when I slick my hair back.
What's in yours? How often do you spray your hair?

Right now I'm using a Pre-Mix of something called: Afro Detangler

All of mine are Pre-Mixes

I have some Claudie's Tea
Hairveda's Silica Hair Tea
Shi-Naturals Tea
Afroveda's Moringa & Ginseng Detangler
Afroveda's Blueberry & Pomegrante Silkening Spritz
MOP Pear Detangler
Camille Rose Refresher
It's Perfectly Naturals "Turn Me Loose" Detangling Spray

Probably use x2 per week to Detangle. The "Teas" I was using x1 per day in the Summer as a Refresher.

I have 2 and I use them on my son's locs more than my own hair

one is filtered water, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. i soak my sons locs with it and then shampoo to really get a deep clean. i also use it as a toner for my face. i could try to use it as a rinse for my hair but I always forget to bring it to the shower

the other one is half filtered water, half taliah waajid protective mist bodifier. i used to use this daily for moisture but now I live in florida and have no need for extra moisture. i spray it on my sons hair after shampooing for light moisture that wont build up.

My spray bottle contains Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave-In, water, and any oil of choice (right now a blend of safflower & jojoba oil). It's a ratio of 25% leave in, 25% oil, and 50% water. Not as natural a mixture as OP's but still very good :). I use it as my moisturizer (I only apply the NTM straight from its original bottle on my hair before I air dry) my detangler, and recently, my prepoo. It works amazing at doing all three jobs on my hair while I'm stretching. I use it approx every 2-3 days.

Last edited:
Water, a generous amount of Tresemme Naturals condish, a dollop of Lavendar JBCO, and a tsp of rosemary EO. I spray my hair every night, and then rub some Super Buttercream over my front, nape, and ends.

I'm still working on my bottle. So far today I put in water, coconut oil, shea butter and a few squirts of my Sundari Neem and Coconut Hair Treatment. I will probably add some jojoba oil.

One half aloe vera juice and the other half water. My whole family ends up using my spray bottle, it works well for all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

1. Distilled water, a bit of whatever conditioner I have laying around, bit of EVOO (used for detangling and mid week spritzes before wash day)
2. AVJ, distilled water, jasmine oil (used for mix week moisture spritzes)
3. Black tea (used to potentially reduce shedding)

Last edited:
For those that put AVJ or AVG in their spritzes, do have to refrigerate it?? If you don't, how long do you think it will last without refrigeration?? I mixed about equal parts water and avg and it made my hair so soft. I'm just wondering if it will spoil.

I have 3 diff bottles that I use depending on what Other products I have in my hair

1. Distilled h20
2. Distilled h20 & aloe vera juice
3. Distilled h20, amla, evoo, jojoba oils, veg glycerin, & whatever conditioner for added moisture

Harina said:
For those that put AVJ or AVG in their spritzes, do have to refrigerate it?? If you don't, how long do you think it will last without refrigeration?? I mixed about equal parts water and avg and it made my hair so soft. I'm just wondering if it will spoil.

I don't refrigerate mine, I just try to use it up between 3 days to a week. If I don't, I throw it out and start a new batch. I would be conscious of spoilage after a week.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I refrigerate mine. I have left it out on my dresser before for about a week. It did not smell rancid. I've never left it out longer than that. I keep it refrigerated to be on the safe side because I know that it can spoil after a while.

80-90% water, a few squirts of Suave Tropical Coconut condish and a few squirts of EVOO or Grapeseed oil.

During colder weather, I use less water and more condish.

1/2 black tea
1/2 AVJ
Liquid Silk Protein
Rosemary, Lavender, Tea Tree, Thyme, and Peppermint EOs
Pure Argan Oil

Pre-Mixes:
IPN Turn Me Loose
Hairveda Silica Mist

water, Kinky Curly Knot Today, direct leave-in. I spritz this and braid spray on my kinky twists. then I spritz motions marula oil to seal. When i redo loose ones my hair is soo soft and moisturized. I dont do it every day though.

i only use Giovanni Direct leave in because i have it collecting dust and need to use it up, i dont plan on repurchasing, my hair hated it. When thats gone my staple mix will be water and KKKT.

For step one: 3 parts water, one part glycerin, 5 drops rosemary EO, and 5 drops peppermint EO.

For step two: 2 parts each jojoba oil and JBCO; 1 part each argan and wheat germ oils.

I apply this in layers followed by a creamy LI; lately I've been switching off between SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Curl & Style Milk, & Nubian Heritage Black Seed & Honey.

A mish-mash of everything. I've been consolidating bottles of leave-in. I might add a little water, SAA and aloe juice to the mix to make it all better.

I’m currently experimenting with an herbal spray infusion with fennel, hibiscus, horsetail, burdock, licorice root, marshmallow root, slippery elm, nettle, rosemary and sage.

Does anyone change their spray bottle ingredients for the winter or is it the same all year? I tend to put conditioner in mine during colder weather?

Back