What's in your spray bottle?

Coz I'm lazy, I'll just quote my post from this discussion.

What's in your spray bottle(s)?

ACV, rosemary essential oil, lavendar essential oil, water.

For what do you use the spray bottle(s)?

To spritz my twists if I want to put them up in a style; they are easier to stretch when damp.

I also use this as my "ACV rinse" if I don't feel like dunking my head in an ACV solution in a basin as my final rinse after washing my hair. I will towel dry, then spritz my twists and let them airdry.

What tips can you share for keeping your mixture fresh?

I don't do anything really. I guess it doesn't stick around enough for it not to remain fresh since I wash my hair twice a week and I tend to lazy more days than not so spritzing is really what I'm likely to do instead of dunking. What's more, vinegar and essential oils are preservatives themselves so even if I didn't use it fast, I don't think I'd be too worried about the solution going bad. *shrug*

ETA: I don't change my spritz no matter what the season toyas08.

Last edited:
Froreal3 said:
I refrigerate mine. I have left it out on my dresser before for about a week. It did not smell rancid. I've never left it out longer than that. I keep it refrigerated to be on the safe side because I know that it can spoil after a while.

You. An also buy the George's brand that you don't have to refrigerate.

So far, Tresem Nat and water. I am working on doing a CG friendly mix. I am also working on finding a butter that will aid me as well.

In an 8oz spray bottle I add:
Distilled water
4-5 drops of jojoba oil
Big squirt of GDLI

Other times I use Jane Carter spray leave in or Aphogee Green Tea spray.

1. Aloe Vera Juice and Veg. Glycerin (prepoo & DC spray bottle)
2. Aloe Vera Juice and glycine betaine (leave in/moisturizing bottle)

Back