What would you do?

nlamr2013

Trife edition
Soo a friend of a friend has been I guess 'talking' to a young man since about late last year. So yesterday was their first date, cute. They planned to go to a seafood restaurant. Not 'Pappadeaux' but not 'Captain D's' either. Maybe think 'Red Lobster'. So anyway they get to the restaurant and ITS CLOSED!
So, she said she didn't want to ruin her evening and suggested they just go to captain Ds.
They each order the little double fish meal. The total comes to like 15 bucks, what a deal right? One drink at Red Lobster is 15 bucks. Anyway, They get ready to leave and the bill comes, he gives them his card, DECLINED.
what would you do?

Pay for Just my meal, or for the entire meal and end the date. She can consider this as cutting her losses, that was 2 strikes in one date.

OR she can make excuses and let(plan for) him to pay on the next date. [and go for a 3rd strike]

Paid for the meal and wish him a good night.

His name would be changed to "do not answer".

Her friends need to help her with the weeding out/interview portion. What they been talking about all this time? Unless he had some real emergency (like bank called to tell him his account was hacked) she needs better filtering because a $15 bill after plans to eat somewhere more expensive should have been paid with cash. So unless he has some true excuse he was planning all along to game her.

So he was trying to come up on a red lobster meal, he was going to order him some lobster all the while knowing he couldn't pay for it lol.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

dude was tryna come up off some crab legsss...lololol

had the plastic bib around his neck and everythanggg...talkin bout where is the melted buttah...:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Op listen that's why ya friend will always be single, she dont know how to pay and treat a man to dinner..her unicorn a zzzz.....she should given him pocket money to get to work for the week...:yep:

So he was trying to come up on a red lobster meal, he was going to order him some lobster all the while knowing he couldn't pay for it lol.

Keep the receipt and call it a charitable deduction for next year's taxes.

Lmbo best answer.

OK update:
So last night she text dude and was like "you know that situation was crazy, but don't feel bad about it."( Because he hadn't mentioned anything about it since it happened ) He text back like "oh I dont."
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

So for whatever reason she's contemplating if she should even see him again. So Idk I guess talking about it made her upset so she sent him this looong text message asking him like what would have happened if she didn't have money what would have happened if the original restaurant was open since the bill there would have been closer to 100 dollars. She was telling him how irresponsible it was of him to not have any money but try to take someone on a date. Etc when he finally texts back he's like "I agree with the level of irresponsibility. I Know better. My mindset was that we would pay for ourselves. So I was taken by surprise when one person took the ticket. I was thinking a million things while sitting there. Not only what you were thinking but how I could make a better impact after a n**** move. "
So she's confused why he thought she would pay for herself and he replied because he didn't think it was an official date and that it caught him off guard that she thought it was a date.
I was DONE and had NO words.

Lmbo best answer.

OK update:
So last night she text dude and was like "you know that situation was crazy, but don't feel bad about it."( Because he hadn't mentioned anything about it since it happened ) He text back like "oh I dont."
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

So for whatever reason she's contemplating if she should even see him again. So Idk I guess talking about it made her upset so she sent him this looong text message asking him like what would have happened if she didn't have money what would have happened if the original restaurant was open since the bill there would have been closer to 100 dollars. She was telling him how irresponsible it was of him to not have any money but try to take someone on a date. Etc when he finally texts back he's like "I agree with the level of irresponsibility. I Know better. My mindset was that we would pay for ourselves. So I was taken by surprise when one person took the ticket. I was thinking a million things while sitting there. Not only what you were thinking but how I could make a better impact after a n**** move. "
So she's confused why he thought she would pay for herself and he replied because he didn't think it was an official date and that it caught him off guard that she thought it was a date.
I was DONE and had NO words.

NO. EFFIN. WAY. :nono:

I'm mad she even kept going back and forth with him long enough to get upset, there wouldn't have been anything else for us talk about after that response.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

if they were supposed to pay for their own meals at red lobster why was his card declined a mcdonalds?

NO. EFFIN. WAY. :nono:

I'm mad she even kept going back and forth with him long enough to get upset, there wouldn't have been anything else for us talk about after that response.

Right?? When he said he wasn't bothered by the fact that his card got declined and I had to pay I would have been like OK noted. I really would like to know what he had planned if the original restaurant was open. Because even if they were there and he had to pay for just himself he couldn't have afforded that either. So what was his plan.

I would do one of the folowing join a church, learn to sew, get my makeup done, read a book , drunk a bottle of wine anything. I surely would not ever entertain this fool again.

I sure hope he didn't get the cookie.

Right?? When he said he wasn't bothered by the fact that his card got declined and I had to pay I would have been like OK noted. I really would like to know what he had planned if the original restaurant was open. Because even if they were there and he had to pay for just himself he couldn't have afforded that either. So what was his plan.

For her to pay for both to save face maybe? I don't know, men this days are just trifling

So your friend was taken on a non-date...TO CAPTAIN D's...by a neegrum with an empty stomach and wallet?!?!?! AND...she still texting that fool? Anything she goes through with him from here on out is 100% her fault.

So your friend was taken on a non-date...TO CAPTAIN D's...by a neegrum with an empty stomach and wallet?!?!?! AND...she still texting that fool? Anything she goes through with him from here on out is 100% her fault.
:rofl:

im trying to figure out his pre date thoughts...

"oh lord... im so hungry" :rofl:

So....after he texted "I don't feel bad," I'm not sure why she kept texting him...he didn't feel bad and he wasn't interested either. Tell your friend not to text him anymore, because it's sounding like it takes a lot to repulse her..

Oh no, this boy is a opportunist. He has ran this same game on many desperate women and I can guarantee that he never pays for dates. He had no intentions on paying for that date at all. He showed no remorse either.....I would never talk to him again. Block his number!

I would have had that waitress separate the check, and I would have paid for my portion and walked out of the door. Why did she pay for both meals?????????? I mean she doesn't even know him that well. There is no future in a man that cannot afford to pay for a first date.

And I would never do a Dutch date either...If you are courting me then you will pay.

Last edited:
Did your friend drive to the restaurant or did she ride with him? I don't get in cars with strangers on first dates because its a chance that dude is crazy lol...........

Plus Its important to drive so that you can take a bathroom break and creep out of the door if needed! I would have left...I would have caught a cab if needed.

How old are these people?

I agree it wasn't a date and he's not into her. A man who's interested in you don't wait months to take you out and plans accordingly ie making sure restaurant is open, he has money etc.

That he didn't feel bad means he knew exactly what he was doing. And why was she the one initiating the text in the first place? And why did she continue talking to him after he showed her his aint ishness? So many questions and all of them make her look dumb for even entertaining this trashboat

Your friend was pursing the guy. He just wasn't interested.

After talking for months they went out, then she suggested a change because the place was closed and after picking up a $15 bill, she's texting him trying to mould him into her expectations.

Your friend was pursing the guy. He just wasn't interested.

After talking for months they went out, then she suggested a change because the place was closed and after picking up a $15 bill, she's texting him trying to mould him into her expectations.

^^^THIS

I'm not mad at him at all. Doesn't sound like he was even trying to run game. If that was his goal he would have dipped back into her wallet given how easily she opened it.

Girls need to stop with this talking mess. Either he's into you or he's not. Unless it's long distance it doesn't take months for a man in your zip code to make time to meet and eat.

This is why I only try to dating dudes with money :nono: smmfh

I'd sit there and wait for him to pull out another card if he couldn't produce one I'd pay for my meal and :driver: :vette: :auto:

Speaking of which Steve Harvy is shady as hell. Red Lobster was sponsoring a segment of his show with the Lobster fest and he sent a couple there for a date. He couldn't hold it together and was falling off the couch. They were looking at him like wtf? I'm having lobster fest cravings. I really want that 2 Lobster tail meal :lick: and the Lobster, shrimp, crab ultimate feast is looking really good too.

It isn't Truluck's but lobster is lobster.

Now I want some of the biscuits.

Back