What would you do?

Skyfall

You have been transitioning for a year with full intentions of becoming natural. However because you were not ready to let go of the straight hair look so you now have extensive heat damage. At this time, you are looking for work and going on interviews, so a polished look is essential but you do not have the money to get your hair braided. You still want to go natural, however you do not want to wear heat damaged hair. Would you perm your hair and start your transition over but this time chop at 3-6 months so you don't get bored? OR Chop your hair now and do what with it? wear twist outs? but remember your a bit lazy so saying you would twist your hair every night is not realistic and you might end up some days with your hair looking a mess cuz it's too short to slick in a bun.

You have 3inches worth of natural heat damaged hair.

What would you do? :perplexed:

I would slick my hair into a bun making sure to use a scarf to keep the edges smooth. Once I got the job I would likely bc shortly thereafter. I would not utilize relaxer.

Last edited:
What kind of job(s) are you interviewing for?

I went to interviews wearing cute braid outs/twist outs... But I am a journalist... so that may or may not be appropriate depending on your field of work.

Or ya know... you could wear a half wig while you nurse your hair back to health and continue transitioning. Pin it with bobby pins to make it secure.

I also second wearing a bun. That's probably the easiest solution and works well with any career type.

i am also looking for à new job ive been interviewing since à week. im natural and always wear my hair stretched. im at bsb length. i wear buns. whenever i get thé job ill start doing what i want again.
wear à bun ,wait,when you arê ready and have yhe job go on with your thang. ;-) good luck

Job interview??
Simple. Throw your hair into a donut bun, smooth it back and call it a day. Voila! Polished hair style. Or do some 2 strand twists.

I have found that natural hairstyles have become more acceptable. They love the variety, want to touch, and are always surprised when I come in with a new style.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. As long as it looks good I think you should be fine. Just nothing outrageous. I wouldn't go as far as relaxing just for the sake of a temporary hairstyle.

Good luck on your interview!

ETA: Just re-read your post. If its not long enough to smooth back successfully into a bun I would weave it up. Add some bulk hair to make the bun look fuller and scarf it down till dry, so that it is smooth.
I use eco style gel, gives great hold.

Last edited:
I would flat iron or soft press.
pull it back attach a bun or fall. get the job make your probation, then do what you want ( with in reason)

Back