What Would You Do If they ran out of Relaxer Cream and Weave Hair?

Here in Puerto Rico, they have relaxers(perms), but hair style opttions r limited. MOst Puerto Rican women with kinky hair wear their hair in a ponytail, or just relaxed aand brushed back. They'v never even heard of weaves cause not many stylist no how to braid or work with kinky hair beyond a blow out or roller set.

THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE MOST AMAZING BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY IN THE WORLD!

To the question:
I am natural and don't rock weaves, so no impact on me.

Off to find out the cost of living in PR and requirements for opening a salon.

I'm already transitioning to natural and have not relaxed or worn weave since 2007 so nothing would change for me.

I bet the price of natural hair care products would come down drastically though since there would be so much competition. And the products would be more readily available instead of having to order so much on-line.

If that did happen, I would finally be willing to try a few natural products that pricing has kept me from ordering.

I would take that as an oppty to get to know my hair in it's natural state and buy a lot of hair accessories and have some fun!

As long as they had rinse out and deep conditioner, I'd be fine. I wouldn't change anything. I'm natural, and I haven't ever had a weave or extensions. I'd still flat iron once or twice a year.

Living here in Puerto Rico, is a trip.....we r actuallyy discussing moving back 2 the states. As far as business oppportunity yes there is a market for that. I actually work ina beauty salon here as a makeup artist, esthetician, and body wrap therapist. I have actually started doing Lace front wigs in the salon. Nobody here has heard of them. Most stylist here don't keep up with what's cutting edge. Anyone who has questions about reloating here to Puerto Rico PM me.

I'd be just fine...conditoners are what I now can't live without. No more weaves and relaxers means stock up on Aubrey Organics, Keracare Humecto, Olive Oil, honey, CB Smoothe Triple Silk and all my other goodies.

It wouldn't bother me at all since I'm natural now. I just wanted to say you look beautiful in your wedding pictures. I wish you the best in your marriage!! ^-^ Love to see black people in love.

Transition and press my hair if I wanted to wear it straight. However, since that hasn't happened you could just order the relaxer online.

i'd be just fine. i'm transitioning anyway, and i happen to love my natural hair as it is. don't care about the weaves. i've been fine my whole life without them.

Living here in Puerto Rico, is a trip.....we r actuallyy discussing moving back 2 the states. As far as business oppportunity yes there is a market for that. I actually work ina beauty salon here as a makeup artist, esthetician, and body wrap therapist. I have actually started doing Lace front wigs in the salon. Nobody here has heard of them. Most stylist here don't keep up with what's cutting edge. Anyone who has questions about reloating here to Puerto Rico PM me.

That's too bad. I say don't come back up here till the weather gets better! :grin: Better yet, you can have my apartment here in Boston and I'll move there! LOL

Well I'm relaxed and I don't wear weaves, but I would probably go natural, but then again I wouldn't even move to Puerto Rico....or you could just order the stuff.....but I would prefer natural over anything else.....

:rolleyes:

Extremely amazed how people just cant answer a simple question instead of using thread after thread to lash out at women who use relaxers. Unbelievable.

As for the Q, I'll obviously make wigs from animal fur

Last edited:
Back