What Would YOU Do - Dude Tryin' to Holla At You & Your Friend

NYLegalNewbie

So, what would YOU do in this situation...

You and your friend (she's not a best friend or anything, but the two of you get along well, and trying to develop a friendship) meet a guy while you're out. At first, it seems pretty obvious that he's interested in your friend - he's talking with her the whole night. But, he seems to be a gentleman and includes you in the conversation.

At the end of the night, he asks for both of your numbers. He tells your friend it's because he has a friend that he thinks might be a good match for you.

Fast forward to a couple of days later, he invites both of you out to a night out with a big group of his friends. Your friend arrives towards the end of dinner, and dude doesn't really say all that much to her. But he's chatted with you quite a bit. Your friend is upset about this and mentions it to you. You tell her not to worry about it too much.

Throughout the night, he talks to her a bit more and spends a bit more time with her. But he's still talking to you quite a bit. Again your girl is a bit bothered by this - she feels like he's paying more attention to you than to her and that seems odd.

At the end of the night, he leaves with your friend (which is what you expected because you thought he was interested in her). So, there ya go.

But then...dude calls you up and asks you out on a date. You think he's attractive and very interesting, and under any other circumstances, you'd definitely go out with him. But you KNOW dude was straight up trying to sleep with your friend. Not only that, but your friend tells you that she actually asked him whether or not he was interested in you as well, and he said no...do you still meet up with him?

My feeling is HELLS NAH. Dude has shown he's a player and that he's also disrespectful. But one of my friends is actually mulling this over. What do you all think?

Personally

he is trying to play both women and any woman that would consider him and date him anyway, would no longer be a friend of mine.

but from jump, he would not have gotten BOTH of our numbers in the first place. but that's just me....

He's a jerk and mulling it over should keep it moving. Tell her he thinks so is so desperate that she'll accept 2nd place. (Girlfriend code should make this automatic but some people don't believe in it anyway)

I would leave ol boy alone. It looks like he is playing games or each girl against each other.

This fool thinks he's a pimp. :rolleyes:I've seen male friends do this back when I was in college. Women are so thirsty that they fall for it. Your friend should ignore his calls or tell him to lose her number. He's trying to see who he can get in bed first. Point blank. Of course men are always on the hunt and seeking to date other women until they settle into a relationship. But the fact that he's blatantly trying to talk to both of them and they're aware of it/know each other is a sign of disrespect on his part. They fell for it, but they need to put a stop to it, because he won't until he hooks up with one of them.

No question about it. HECK no.

AND he's been doing the "Yeah, I like you but not her" game while trying to get both pieces of the cake?

Are men that bold to try that mess on FRIENDS knowing how women talk?? or are some so foolish and peen hongry they make it a competition and the men sit back getting the spoils of their battles?

Are men that bold to try that mess on FRIENDS knowing how women talk?? or are some so foolish and peen hongry they make it a competition and the men sit back getting the spoils of their battles?

THIS is it I think. To me, it sounds like old dude is getting a HUGE ego stroke out of this.

Ugh...I really hope she doesn't hang out with this dude. I can't believe she's even contemplating it. She's like "Well, I'd like to ask him why he's doing it..."

I'm like, "Uh, you REALLY think you're gonna get an honest answer out of this dude??? He's already been LYING to BOTH of you!" :wallbash:

I wouldn't give him the time of day....

basically if she hasn't already peeped it then i would just back away. Its not right at all how hes trying to play the both of you against each other.

Its not enough that women fight over men but when this boy which he is is trying to do it right in ur faces then its time to take a bow or either call him out on it.

Dude would have been busted out by us. We don't play that junk. Even if it wasn't a good friend, I don't play trying to have some catfight to see who drops the panties first. I would ignore his dumb behind.

At the end of the night, he leaves with your friend (which is what you expected because you thought he was interested in her). So, there ya go.

But then...dude calls you up and asks you out on a date. You think he's attractive and very interesting, and under any other circumstances, you'd definitely go out with him. But you KNOW dude was straight up trying to sleep with your friend. Not only that, but your friend tells you that she actually asked him whether or not he was interested in you as well, and he said no...do you still meet up with him?

My feeling is HELLS NAH. Dude has shown he's a player and that he's also disrespectful. But one of my friends is actually mulling this over. What do you all think?

Personally
NO! Don't meet up with him.
Your friend needs to stop mulling this over. Not worth it.

Ew. No. :nono: It's weird, because I don't have an issue with dating a casual friends ex, nor do I have an issue with dating/talking to multiple people at the same time - but this whole situation screams "SHADY!!!!!!" to me. :nono: Ick. It feels like he's trying to play y'all against each other, or something.

whey dey do dat at
Son is a pimp all the way live i cant believe he even got both numbers that was game from jump lmao
the friend thats considering this is a dumb blond

Back