What to do with twists

jennboo

Hi ladies,

I will be re-doing my current set of twists sometime tomorrow. I was thinking i should overnight pre-poo (aussie moist mixed with coconut oil), shampoo, then run across the street to the salon and have them put some conditioner on my hair and put me under the steamer.

Do you ladies think that this is too much conditioning/ moisture? Does anyone pre-poo as well as deep condition under a dryer or steamer after they shampoo?

Thanks.

I don't prepoo my sister's hair for her twists...just shampoo, DC with aussie moist, rinse it out and moisturize with hawaiian silky as i twist her damp hair.

I don't prepoo my sister's hair for her twists...just shampoo, DC with aussie moist, rinse it out and moisturize with hawaiian silky as i twist her damp hair.

ur sister has some pretty hair and its thick!!! How long has she been natural??

OP I dont think that sounds like to much. My hair cant take over not conditioner but thats just my mop.

ur sister has some pretty hair and its thick!!! How long has she been natural??

OP I dont think that sounds like to much. My hair cant take over not conditioner but thats just my mop.
she started transitioning right before me, so i would say about 2 years now.

also, you bring up a good point -- OP, if your hair soaks up moisture like a sponge, go for it. overnight DCing/baggying makes my hair rebel something fierce, but my sister sleeps in DC under a plastic cap/scarf and it has no ill effects on her hair.

Back