Votes: 99 54.7%
  • Super

Votes: 21 11.6%

• Total voters

leona2025

What brand relaxer do you use?
What is your hair type?
Is your hair thick or fine?
Have any relaxers left you underprocessed?

profectiv regular
dont know my har type (this is bad)
I have Thick Hair
when I use to use Dark n Lovely was underprocessed frequently

I use Mizani Fine/color treated because I have fine hair, but after my last episode with this relaxer, which I think was old, I received a lot of damage. I think I am going to start using kiddie perms again. That might be my best bet.

I have 4b thick hair and I recently did a touch up with optimum anti breakage regular strength and my hair came out bone straight. when my hair was longer i would love this, but since its so short now I want volume. I only left the perm in for 15 minutes. Im gonna see if this perm comes in mild. After the perm I had no breakage which I loved!

I use Dr. Miracles regular. It gets my thick 4a/b hair so fine its unbelievable. I highly reccomend for thick haired ladies!!!

I used Motions Oil Therapy Mild Relaxer when I was relaxed. I really liked it. I got my hair bone straight. My stylist had recommended it to me when she knew I was going off to college hours away and wouldn't be able to go to her.

If I were still relaxing I'd probably be using this. I'm a 4a natural with really thick hair.

Affirm Regular

What is your hair type?
4b

Thick

Yes, every relaxer I've tried over the years has left me underprocessed except for Affirm.

I'm a 4a mostly with mainly fine hair, but some thicker coarser spots in my crown
I use Silk Elements Mild - process for 20 mins
I was only slightly underprocessed the first time because I didn't leave it on for long enough in my crown area - first time I self relaxed. Now it's all even again, so no probs since, I just make sure to process and smooth for the needed time. This is a gentle relaxer, no burns/irritation. I don't relax bone straight, only about 85-90% straight.

ORS No-Lye Regular

What is your hair type?
4a/4b

Thick

Only if I don't smooth enough, but I’m not looking for the bone straight results anyway.

I voted mild.

I use Motions Mild. I tried Mizani Butter Blends Mild--I thought I learned my lesson years ago that salon-strength relaxers are a no-go for me--this was STILL too strong. So cheap Motions works for me. So I have a tub of barely used Mizanie BB just sitting under my sink.

My hair is very thick--always has been.

Didn't answer the hair type question, b/c I don't know--I once stretched for a long time (after a nasy Mizani incident)--but that was years ago and before LHCF--and I didn't pay much attention. I liked the curls, but I prefer my hair straight most of the time, so I went back to relaxing. I think--and I'm treading carefully here because I don't claim to be knowledgeable about this at all--my hair seems very porous? But very strong, too. Meaning--it relaxes very easily, colors easily--but has held up quite well even though it has taken quite a beating from my various experiments and laziness over the years.

Never. It seems to get very straight with mild for less than 13-15 minutes--but there's still some wave left when wet. I'm not trying to achieve bone straight results. I've relaxed my own hair for more than a decade--and I'm human--so I like to leave a little wiggle room in case I accidentally overlap.

Edited to add that I use lye-always have and will.

Last edited:
I voted mild.

I use Motions Mild. I tried Mizani Butter Blends Mild--I thought I learned my lesson years ago that salon-strength relaxers are a no-go for me--this was STILL too strong. So cheap Motions works for me. So I have a tub of barely used Mizanie BB just sitting under my sink.

Edited to add that I use lye-always have and will.

Sooooo......DanaDane, what will you be doing with the Mizani BB? I could take it off your hands you know:grin:?

What brand relaxer do you use? Mizani BB/Elucence. I've relaxed twice with Mizani BB, but I'm gonna stick with the Elucence. Mizani may be a bit too strong. My hair comes out better with Elucence Regular Lye.
What is your hair type? 4A
Is your hair thick or fine? kind of thick
Have any relaxers left you underprocessed? yes, Elasta QP mild.

Sooooo......DanaDane, what will you be doing with the Mizani BB? I could take it off your hands you know:grin:?

hmm . . .:lachen:

Dh said throw it away--since I was worried nobody would take it opened (free, of course). I bought and used it once in Sept--it's the 30 oz little tub--PM me and I could definitely arrange to send it to you. :grin:

I use Olive Oil, super strength, I looooove this relaxer, I got hip to it from a friend who use to always rave about how soft it makes your hair, and how it doesn't burn, and sure enough she was right. I use the relaxer in conjunction with the other products in the line, it makes my hair feel oooh so lovely.

Revlon Realistic Regular Lye

What is your hair type?
4b

Thick; Fine strands, but lots of them

Yeah, but I like it that way....I'm texlaxed!:grin:

Thanks ladies for the all the responses. I'm sorta surprised and sorta not surprised that so few use Super strength. I was thinking of using a Super strength because my last 3 touch ups in Regular have left my hair very under processed and I have been using Optimum Anti-breakage for about 2 to 3 years. Maybe it's time to switch, but I sure would hate to see my relaxer go to waste.

What brand relaxer do you use? Affirm Fibergaurd lye- Resisant/Super

What is your hair type? 4a/4b

Is your hair thick or fine? Thick

Affirm Fibergaurd Resistant processed me straight, but not bone straight. I can still see texture in my hair when wet, but it dries completely straight, which has stopped a lot of breakage.

Affirm and Design Essentials are the only brands I've known not to leave me underprocessed, but Design Essentials Lye and the Affirm regular brand No-Lye's left my scalp way too burned to continue using. I've yet to have a chemical burn using Affirm Fibergaurd Lye and No-Lye's.

What brand relaxer do you use? Syntonic (mild)
What is your hair type? 4a
Is your hair thick or fine? in between
Have any relaxers left you underprocessed? the first time i used it yes, but lately no.

I have to use strong strength. My current brand is Motions.
don't know my hair type
it is verrrrry thick and coarse

What brand relaxer do you use? Affirm fiberguard lye normal-just switched from affirm lye normal

What is your hair type? mixed 3 majority 3c

Is your hair thick or fine? fine and very dense, so both really

Have any relaxers left you underprocessed? the only time that has happened was when the stylist was being too careful: rinsed too soon and didn't work it through the ng enough

What brand relaxer do you use? I am switching to Silk Elements. But I used TCB Bone Strait prior.
What is your hair type? I dont even know LOL
Is your hair thick or fine? Fine
Have any relaxers left you underprocessed? Yea I am guessing, cause my ends are still curly
***If anyone would like to help me with my hair type, can you please click on my fotki link and my hair is in the first album. Oh the ending photos are of the new growth. TIA

ORS lye - regular

4a/b

in the middle-horrible case of postpartum shedding 2 yrs ago, cannot recover the thickness

no

I used Silk Elements Regular but for my next touch up I'm using the mild ( I texlax)
My hair is medium thickness and kind of course.

Back