• Regular

Votes: 99 54.7%
  • Super

Votes: 21 11.6%

• Total voters
What brand relaxer do you use?
What is your hair type?
Is your hair thick or fine?
Have any relaxers left you underprocessed?
Leona2025, I've used for the past 2 yrs Ors which was just ok to me, but then in Sept I really wanted to try the Mizani butter blends mild, which I can honestly say that I did not care for it whatsoever!!!! In the past I've been using mild for many years but for some reason it did not take, and I left it on past 15min. 2 days later I could'nt take not having my hair straight the way I wanted, so I relaxed it again and still did not take. So I will have to find another relaxer, maybe in regular strength. I really want to try the lye one by alter ego that I've heard such rave reviews about. I only relax every 4 months so I have to wait til mid Dec to try it. It's the Linange Shea butter relaxer. I still am not sure what my hair type is I think between 3b and 4a. I normally had thick hair, but had a lot of loss due to meds, but since being on this site and taking the advice of some wonderful ladies here and using the MT and the OCT it's coming back to my normal thickness! Shut out to all of you ladies for being so helpful and sharing with the rest of us about our hair and how to maintain, keep, and grow it! It's working!!!

Last edited:
What brand relaxer do you use? Mizani Butter Blend--Normal strength

What is your hair type? 4a
Is your hair thick or fine? thick. In the past, I used to use super/coarse, but I like more texture and thickness to my hair, so I use regular/normal now.

Have any relaxers left you underprocessed? Yes. I purposely underprocessed my hair when I was texlaxing. Now, I'm no longer texlaxing, so I no longer underprocess. I also used Mizani when I was texlaxing.

What brand relaxer do you use? Design Essentials
What is your hair type? 4a
Is your hair thick or fine? thick, but fine individual strands
Have any relaxers left you underprocessed? yes, but I don't recall

What brand relaxer do you use? ORS No Lye Normal
What is your hair type? 3ish
Is your hair thick or fine? It's somewhere in between the two.
Have any relaxers left you underprocessed? No.

Ladies I thank you for your many responses. You guys may have stop me from popping up on here all bald. After my previous 3 touch ups didn't take I had decided to use super, but after seeing the poll and how few people use super I had a change of heart. I relaxed with a regular ORS and my hair came out great except for a little triangle of hair at my crown which is were my coarse texture is. It's not unbearable and I kinda like it. Thanks again.

What is your hair type?

What brand relaxer do you use? Affirm - Regular
What is your hair type? 4A/4B
Is your hair thick or fine? Thick
Have any relaxers left you underprocessed? Yes, mild relaxers did.

What is your hair type?

I use Mizani BB Regular, now...Before that, Optimum, Revlon, and Affirm. My hair type is 4a with a smattering of 4b at the nape. My hair is thick. No, no relaxer has ever left me underprocessed. That's why when my stylist snuck some Super on my hair, I was very PO'ed, b/c my hair always 'takes' the relaxer...

Silk Elements Lye Mild (I'm thinking about switching to Mizani BB after I finish off this SE in about 2 weeks though)
4bish
Thick
Motions left me underprocessed. That stuff was horrible.

Last edited:
What brand relaxer do you use? Used ORS No Lye for a very long time but have switched to a Lye relaxer... Designer Touch, and I'm so glad.

What is your hair type? 4a/b

Is your hair thick or fine? I have fine hair

Have any relaxers left you underprocessed? Yep... Creme of Nature No Lye (but that may of had something to do with the oil you're supposed to mix in with it).

What brand relaxer do you use? Ors Olive Oil relaxer
What is your hair type? Mix of everything.
Is your hair thick or fine? Very thick.
Have any relaxers left you underprocessed? YES! Sorry to holler but that Cream of nature relaxer with the oils left even my barely wavy parts of hair very under processed.

Originally Posted by leona2025
What brand relaxer do you use? Last relaxer Dark and Lovely did not like
What is your hair type? 4b
Is your hair thick or fine? thick thick thick
Have any relaxers left you underprocessed? Dark and lovely optimum
and I use super

What brand relaxer do you use? Uh that last one i used was ORS olive oil lye regular
What is your hair type? 4a top, 3c back and sides
Is your hair thick or fine?fine
Have any relaxers left you underprocessed? yes but i cant remember wich...

I use regular

Motions

What is your hair type?
4a/4b

Thick

Use to sometimes,not anymore

What brand relaxer do you use? SE Regular Lye
What is your hair type? Extra coarse 4 something. I have hair from the motherland. 100% negro. MY curl is tighter than 4a
Is your hair thick or fine? Super thick
Have any relaxers left you underprocessed? Always, even when I go to the beautician.
BTW: I don't use relaxers for coarse hair because I use a lye products. I can deal with hair that's slightly underprocessed.:ohwell:

What brand relaxer do you use? I had been using Soft and Beautiful Botanicals for years but it only comes in regular and coarse and I found that regular was too much for my hair so I just switched to Just For Me
What is your hair type? I haven't the slightest idea
Is your hair thick or fine? Fine
Have any relaxers left you underprocessed? no

I used to use super. It merey loosened the curl, I still had ringlets. And my hairdresser let it sit in my hair longer than directed as my hair resists it. My last relaxer was November 2005

What brand relaxer do you use? I first used Revlon, then I used Dark and Lovely. The last two relaxers were African Pride
What is your hair type? No clue, I have three different textures... 3c.... 4a I dunno *lol* this is all new to me
Is your hair thick or fine? Thick
Have any relaxers left you underprocessed? Nope.

Last edited:
What brand relaxer do you use? Just switched from Gentle Treatment *love* to Hawaiin silky - haven't tried it yet.
What is your hair type? 3C
Is your hair thick or fine?regular/thick
Have any relaxers left you underprocessed?When I used ORS it left my hair underprocesses. It's weird... I have been relaxing myself since I was 16 and I've never been underprocessed until I used ORS. I'm hoping HS won't leave my hair as dry and GT no-lye.

Silk Elements Lye Regular
What is your hair type?
4B
Thick
Phyto Type 2- heck yes, (so I switched) SE Lye Regular- no

Last edited:
When I was relaxed I used a mild relaxer and it got my hair bone straight. I would usually have total application and smoothing time of 5 minutes, maybe 6. I have very fine hair. I wanted to texlax but since it only takes 5 minutes to get my hair bone straight with a mild texture I would have no clue how to get it to retain the majority of the curl pattern.

What is your hair type?

I just started using Creme of Nature again, I used regular, but I might go to super next time.

My hair type is 3c/4a---I think, I know it's thick.

Yeah it's very thick, even with the relaxer, it's thicky thick......but I'm not whinning.

Hawaiian Silky, Dark and Lovely, and Optimum left me under process, Creme of Nature straightens my hair more. I like it straighter.

I use Optimum (regular)

What is your hair type?
I haven't been able to find that out LOL.

I've seen thick hair before and my hair isn't quite there - but my hair is no where near fine either so I'm kinda in the middle (just like a Libra - ha)

What brand relaxer do you use? Affirm Fiberguard Sensitive Scalp No Lye (normal)
What is your hair type? 4a/b
Is your hair thick or fine? thick
Have any relaxers left you under processed? Yes, Silk Elements lye (mild and regular). I am texlaxed, but that stuff barely took at all.

Last edited:
:bump: I'd love to hear more responses. I'm about to self-relax with Affirm Fiberguard (no-Lye) and I have fine to medium relaxed (close to bone straight) hair strands. Normal or Mild? What do you all do, regardless of the relaxer you are using...

Back