What saves your hair UNTIL YOUR NEXT WASH?

itismehmmkay

So, my hair was looking real sorry yesterday and I figured that I needed to wash it. Well, instead of washing, I figured I would just oil my scalp and hair with atlien's oil concoction of WGO, coconut oil, and castor oil(yep, you still get props for that, atlien /images/graemlins/up.gif).

This morning, I took out my rollers and had no problem with styling my hair neatly. I guess I always forget how great this mixture is at laying down my newgrowth and making my hair look fresher.

So, what do you do to stretch out until your next wash???

Rollersets! I hate doing them, but now that I've found out how to make one last for a week, I can do that and my hair looks great from day 1 until day 6 and a half /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Big arse buns! /images/graemlins/weird.gif Yesterday I made a braided bun and got a ton of compliments. I didn't feel like making a bunch of sections like I usually do, so I opted for the braid since it was fast. It was kinda loose, so it was comfortable and just tucked the rest of my hair back under and over to the side to hide. Now it's a quick staple! My other hair-saver is a french twist or up-do pony twist (doesn't keep the ends protected totally, but again it's fast!). When it comes to styling aids that save the day, Nature's Gate Aloe Conditioner mixed w/a little aloe helps me redefine curls or stay smooth and sleek /images/graemlins/wink.gif .

Keeping my hair wrapped after a rollerset, gives the style longevity.

Also, only blowing the roots, maintains some of the body.

Once my rollerset starts looking not so decent, I usually keep my hair in a bun and moisturize with ElastaQp Oil Recovery and WGO! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I usually wear buns, so I don't have this problem.

My aunt says when her hair starts to look greasy and nasty (she presses and wears her hair down everyday, but it's very healthy) she wraps her hair and walks around w/ a cotton scarf on her head. She says it sucks out all the grease, so it's presentable again.

I take the little I have and make a french roll...or pin it up in the back and just tuck the ends in and place two hair pins in it to keep it up.

Actually this is like an everyday hair style because i don't like doing my hair unless its for a special occasion.
-faye

Back