what products should i use on my 4c hair PLEASE HELP ME!!

nicole0216

what products should i use on my 4c hairPLEASE HELP ME!!

Posted Today at 07:44 AM by nicole0216
what products should i use on my 4c hair. I am 20yrs old and i am currently in my 5 month of transition to natural and i notice that my hair is quite dry and i am becoming a product junky by choice because i am constantly trying to find items to moisturize my hair. I like my Jamaican castor oil and i have shea & mango butter, all types of oils but nothing seems to work well and i think my hair is starting to break and i feel like giving up.

Aawww, don't give up! I can't really tell you what products to use because we don't have the same hair type and even if we did, that's no garantee that the product will be enjoyable for us both. But the Natural hair support thread has been bumped. Go check it out.

Aslo...what is your weekly hair regimen?

Last edited:
Qhemet's Amla and Olive Heavy Cream might be something you should look into. It is very thick and moisturizing and is great for kinkier hair types! I love it!

Also, oils do not moisturize, they seal the moisture into your hair. What do you use to Deep Condition and how often? Do you DC with heat?

Check out 2 threads. The 2009 transitioner support thread and the 2010 transitioner support thread. I can't post the links bc I'm posting from my bb but those threads have lots of pics, styles, product recs, and regimens for all hair types

:wave::wave::wave:Welcome to the board. Try steam. If your hair is dry do a conditioning wash, then apply a more light protein based conditioner to your relaxed hair, and a moisture based conditioner to your natural hair, cover with a hot hand towel (either a damp towel microwaved for about 30 sec., or rinsed with the hottest water you can stand and rung out) wrap your hair with the towel, cover with a plastic cap or bag and cover that with a towel or if you have one, a heating cap.

This works great to get some moisture in there. After you rinse (using cool water) you can rinse with a about 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar - diluted in water 1-2 cups to seal the cuticle if your hair feels rough when its dry. Rinse the vinegar out w/cool water.

Then apply a leave-in (non protein) and seal with light oil.

If you are already drinking lots of water great, try adding a oil (fish, flaxseed) supplement to your diet.

Last edited:
Try whipping some shea butter mango butter oils aloe and veggie glycerin. That has been tha best thing for my 4a hair.

S Curl activator spray on your new growth and baggying = soft, moisturized hair for days.

Back