What Products Have You Tried Most Recently?

Paris Belle

What products have you tried most recently: new or old and raved about?

I recently tried:

CON: which I love and wish I had tried sooner
Aubrey's GPB: great protein conditioner
Aphogee's Leave In: which wasn't too good for me, it made my hair hard
frown.gif

And before that:
Pantene Smooth & Sleek-which is now a staple, excellent
Fantasia IC Deep Penetrating Creme Moisturizer-another staple, great

Luster's S-Curl Moisturizer - Staple
Alberto VO5 Moisturizing Hot Oil - Staple
Infusium 23 Moisturizing Leave in - Using at next wash

So far, the products I've been "testing out" have agreed with my hair (thank God)
smile.gif

newbies...
L'Oreal Smooth Intense Conditioner - will not buy again
Aussie Moist - would buy again, cheap and effective
Hairobics Detangler Oil & Scalp Booster - love at first try!!

Kemit Sava'ge no soap shampoo and Kemit Sava'ge Moyst conditioner - good, I'm keeping 'em

extra virgin olive oil
grin.gif
I know I'm late, only started using hot oil treatments lately and loving it!

Infusium 23 leave in - haven't really noticed much happening, though it's more watery than I thought it would be

Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade - expensive, fragrance is a bit strong for me but my hair seems to react well to it.

Loreal Unfrizz - Hated it
KeraCare Humecto - Staple
Elasta QP Intese Conditioner - Tried it once, didn't like it but will try again after touch up.
Luster S-Curl No Drip- It's good for moisturizing but it's kinda too thick. Will give Care Free Curl Gold a try first before I chuck Luster's.
Elasta QP Mango Buter - No doubt about it, I'm in
love.gif

Infusium 23 - Did absolutely nothing!!!
CLairol Herbal Essences Intense Balm - Very Good, loved it

I've recently tried the Clairol Intensive Conditioning Balm - Loved It! The Clairol Leave-in conditioner - loved it also. The hennalucent treatment - Excellent....
smile.gif

Empress Moisture Retainer Leave-In Conditioner
up.gif
up.gif
up.gif

(from the "ethnic" section at Wal Mart). A much cheaper alternative to Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer. Only $4 for 16 oz. The ingredients are pretty similar, too...

LUST- love it
smooth and sleek- staple for "corrective" softening
Pantene R&N wrap lotion- never again.. no detangling, no holding, nothing. my motions works 100x's better
Pantene oil cream moist-- not really feeling this like i originally thought, i may end up giving it away
ORS Olive oil moisturizer- bought the sample ans will buy the full size, its really moisturizing and gives shine

Aubrey Organics Island Spice Cream Rinse - detangles like nobody's business, but works better on my daughter's hair than mine. I'll keep getting this for her, but I'm still on the lookout for a good moisturizing conditioner for my hair. She loves the smell of it; she says it smells like a root beer float. It's just lovely at detangling and moisturizing all her little ringlets!
babyg.gif

But it just doesn't give me the soft feel I'm looking for after a good moisturizing conditioner.
frown.gif

Sorry Jade21, I really wanted to like it. Maybe I'll trying mixing it with EVOO next time.
frown.gif

L'Oreal Smooth Intense Serum - Like it, but can only use it on straightened dry hair - which isn't what it says on the bottle.

VO5 and Smooth and Shine Leave Ins - hated them both. Too sticky. Ick.

John Frieda's New Frizz Ease Leave In - still deciding. Not a lot pof slip which is the fist thing I look for, but after drying the hair felt amazing. But my rollerset was a little harder to do than normal without my regular silky wet locks.

Mizani Moisture Fuse - The herb version. I hate this stuff. I hate the fake one. I hate the real one. It makes my hair feel like I put glue in it and it smells putrid. I do like the Botanifying Shampoo tho - go figure. I don't love it. I'll just be able to finish it. But I won't buy it again.

<font color="blue"> Pantene smooth and sleek- just bought it yesterday. Its great! cheap and effective.
Keracare Humecto- expensive but AMAZING. I would definately buy it again.
World of curls gel for dry hair- I would normally get a touch up now but this stuff will help me go a bit longer maybe till next month.
Thanks for these great suggestions ladies!
grin.gif
</font>

Loreal Unfrizz Collection. Got it at Sally's in a nice bag, all three items (shampoo, conditioner, and leave in creme) for 10 bucks! The shampoo on it's own was 7!

I love the shampoo and conditioner together.So-so on the creme.

Pantene wrap lotion. Hated it. made my hair feel hard. Now I just use Pantene spray leave in, put my hair up somehow (in a ponytail, or bun) and get the effect I wanted anyway.

HGH!
Winter

Elasta QP mango butter, I wanted to love this so much but it's almost like putting nothing in my hair, my hair doesn't feel any more moisturized afterwards.
Pantene smooth and sleek, love this, great conditioner.
Keracare Humecto, too light, not very moisurizing and doesn't detangle as well as my CON shampoo.
Profectiv Root Health and Healthy ends, love both!
L'anza Protein Plus shampoo, juries still out.
L'anza ReBalance leave in conditioner, love this, my hair feels so soft and moisturized.

Elasta QP Mango Butter - I wanted to love this too (and I do love the smell) but for me, it doesn't work any better than Profectiv MegaMoisturizer or Healthy Ends.

Pantene Smooth and Sleek Conditioner - again, for me this works just like a regular ole' instant conditioner. I didn't notice any great results.

Motions CPR - I'm not in love with this product either.

I'm gonna try to just stick with my core products and stop jumping on the bandwagon every time somebody raves about a new product. That's soooo hard to do because you're always on the lookout for something that works BETTER, HARDER, FASTER!!

Most recently is anything I've tried over the past say 2-3 months:

LUST - love this. Tangles just fall out leaving truly silky slippery hair.
Aubrey Organics GPB - can't say enough good things on this. A mild protein conditioner that moisturizes and detangles and smells heavenly.
Herbal Essences Intensive Blends Conditioning Balm - my most recent try out. Makes the hair noticeably detangled and moisturized considering its a quick conditioner.
L'oreal Smooth Intense Serum - yeah, its okay, need to try it for a rollarset.
Pantene Smooth &amp; Sleek - I must be one of the few who actually hate this. Hair felt rough and was alot drier. Wierd.

Forgot to add: Vaseline on hair ends for airdrying. So far I like it. Its heavy though so I have to be light handed but it does appear to seal in moisture.

I've tried:
Aphogee Intensive Treatment. Liked it

Aphogee Leave In--apply it just before ponytail set Like it

Suave Professionals Humectant--supposed to be like Nexxus but is nothing to write home to

Glycerin (pure)--I love it. My aunt gave it to me for the purpose of cleaning my baby's tongue (a West Indian thing?) but I never really used it for that. It is an excellent glosser and is good for coating my ends.

I tried Sebastians Colourshines Clear, I airdryed last night so my hair is in a curly ponytail, I expected more shine but my hair does not look dry...if hat makes sense.

Aveda Curessence- didn't see any dramatic difference in my hair, a matter of fact, I saw mucho hair in my comb.

S-Curl- at first I didn't like it, but I think that was because I was using it on previously relaxed hair, but when i reached my 6th week, my hair was loving that S-curl and so was I.

Fantasia IC Polisher- i don't see any results from this, but I am going to finish it or give it to someone else because i don't want to see $7.99 go down the drain.

Aubrey GPB- i still had hair come out in my combout (but I was on week 8), but my hair felt stronger. So the verdict is still out, i am going to try it again, because I liked that my hair felt stronger- lets just minus the hair in the combout. (i bought a sample, so i still have some left).

I have recently tried and so far love:

Elasta Creme Conditioning Shampoo
Elasta Mango Butter Moisturizer
S-Curl Afro Hair Softener
Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol

I love the following products:

Aubrey Organics GPB- just one word- FANTASTIC
Herbal Essences Conditioning Balm- loved this
Lanza Protein Plus-a real good shampoo
Fantasia IC Deep Penetrating Cond- just started using again and it still works

Pantene R&amp;N shampoo- yummy cream like dove. I could have used it with out a conditioner. LOVE
Pantene R&amp;N conditioner- love it also
Pantene R&amp;N wrap/conditioner spray- love too
R&amp;N moisturizer- like, not too heavy. Good for a blow dry but makes hair white when you apply it when wet.

Elasta QP Mango Butter -- just bought it today based on all the raves on this board. I love the smell, but it looks SO thick! And when I put it on my hair it didn't leave any shine
frown.gif
. Oh well. I guess the jury's still out on this one.

Nexxus Keraphixx Reconstructor - LOVE IT!!

Nexxus Headdress Leave-In Conditioner - LOVE IT!!

Luster's S-Curl Spray - Didn't like it at first but now starting to realize how great it is for twist-outs and air-drying. After a few days it leaves my hair coated and sticky though.
crazy.gif

Queen Helene Cholesterol - I used to use this faithfully so I decided to buy it again. Used it only once so far and it was only so-so. The smell kind of annoys me... I will probably use it for air-dry or twist-out days.

[ QUOTE ]
Queen Helene Cholesterol - I used to use this faithfully so I decided to buy it again. Used it only once so far and it was only so-so. The smell kind of annoys me... I will probably use it for air-dry or twist-out days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lindy---last week I would have been disappointed that you only felt so-so about the QH but now I don't care. I am SOOO in love with LUST that I think my PJ days are over!!!

And if you said that you had tried the LUST and didn't like it, I'd be ecstatic--more for me!!!!!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Lindy---last week I would have been disappointed that you only felt so-so about the QH but now I don't care. I am SOOO in love with LUST that I think my PJ days are over!!!

And if you said that you had tried the LUST and didn't like it, I'd be ecstatic--more for me!!!!!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Daviine, I'm going to pretend I did not see this post!! I simply REFUSE to buy another conditioner until I use up some of the ones I have now!! (As tempting as it may be!!!)
wallbash.gif

Hey Lindy!!!!

Let me say it again so that you can pretend you didn'ty read this:

tongue.gif
oke:
laugh.gif

Back