What Products Do You Love To Use When Bunning Your Hair?

I use a watered-down conditioner, then take eco-styler and mix it with an oil to put over the top of my head. Mixing with an oil prevents flaking and gives shine. I take a soft boar brush, run water over it and use that to smooth my hair down. I get super sleek buns every time :D

Besides the bun nets, I have also found the silk scrunches made by Slip. They are thin and made from high quality silk. They hold my bun nicely without tugging on the hair and they slide off easily. They are a little pricey, but well with the price, in my opinion.

I first spray my hair with curl activator (my fave is S-curl) or simply with tap water. I then add some eco-styler gel, smooth with a boar bristle brush into a bun and tie a scarf around my head to set the style.

After two minutes I untie my scarf, use a little more gel and water to curl up my baby hairs and add some Marley Twist hair to create a faux bun.

Anything that has the capacity to coat. Whether it’s heavy conditioner, or a thick serum, or a thick leave in.

Anything containing BTMS, or smoothing ingredients. And some oils on my ends.

But if I have to name a few stuff like SM JBCO leave in, straight up Shea butter, Planet Beauty and Love conditioner, I’ll even use diluted Honey if money is tight enough. The actually act of Bunning helps more than the products do.

I like a creamy leave-in and ecostyler gel to smooth. i used to sometimes seal with vaseline, but now i do a nice butter like shea butter or even camille rose almond butter. i also just rediscovered the good hair day pins for secure bunning.

Back