Calling ALL BUN Lovers! List your fav bunning tools...

EnExitStageLeft

Hey Guys,

I LOVE BUNNING! So, much that I wanted to start seriously bunning. Like I only straighten 3 to 4 times a year bunning :yep:. I have come to the grand conclusion that I love my hair straight, but I actually enjoy my hair more in a bun (anyone else this way?). So that's why I wanted to know what you serious bunners out there use to do and maintain you purdy buns.

Another quick ?.....What brand of bobby pins do you guys prefer? I've been using the Roller Pins from Sallys and LAWD! I love them! They're so smooth and NEVER rip my hair. However, they're pretty big and sometimes I need something a bit smaller. I'm currently using some cheapy ones I bought at big lots and they're ok. I just don't like the fact that I have to trash them after every use. Any suggestions?

Watching thread. I now have enough hair when elongated that I can actually do buns. Carry on ladies please share your knowledge. :yep:

I use and like these:

images

I have them in clear and tortoise. You get them at Sallys.

I love top knot buns-- i have also embarked on a new bun journey. I use hairpins (any brand) to secure. Bobby pins tend to snag my hair.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

cutenss....I had these in my hand the other day and put them back....I might go back and get them :).

EnExitStageLeft You should. The are comfortable to wear, they do not snag, and I love how they hold the hair. I buy a few packs because I keep them in my car console, my purse, nightstand, etc. I am quick to snatch a pony, or even when my hair is down, into a bun :yep:

I used to use those hairpins shown higher in the thread, but they didn't end up working for me--my fine hair would snap off in that really tight space just below the circle and above the prongs when I was trying to pull them out. :ohwell:

Since I found Goody Spin Pins (http://www.goody.com/Products/Hair_...1de&c_id=1a7ea079-c44c-481e-8d02-db7cd0b32277), I have been using them. At first I was skeptical, but when I put them in the first time, I discovered they are the truth! I can literally use just one (with no ponytail holder!) to secure my hair in a simple bun all day, it holds my bun securely without pulling at my scalp in places, and it twists right out of my hair with no damage.

I like them so much I may get this contraption by Goody when my hair gets to waist length:

http://www.goody.com/Products/Hair Accessories/Simple Styles Bun Spiral

Same principle, but on a bigger scale. :yep:

Last edited:
I used to use those hairpins shown higher in the thread, but they didn't end up working for me--my fine hair would snap off in that really tight space just below the circle and above the prongs when I was trying to pull them out. :ohwell:

Since I found Goody Spin Pins (http://www.goody.com/Products/Hair_...1de&c_id=1a7ea079-c44c-481e-8d02-db7cd0b32277), I have been using them. At first I was skeptical, but when I put them in the first time, I discovered they are the truth! I can literally use just one (with no ponytail holder!) to secure my hair in a simple bun all day, it holds my bun securely without pulling at my scalp in places, and it twists right out of my hair with no damage.

I like them so much I may get this contraption by Goody when my hair gets to waist length:

http://www.goody.com/Products/Hair Accessories/Simple Styles Bun Spiral

Same principle, but on a bigger scale. :yep:

i keep looking at the Spiral in the store, but i don't think i am ready for it either. when i get to WL, i will give it a go.

I don't know if this is a "tool" but i saw this video of a girl making a faux bun out of weave hair. I was really looking for something that could protect my hair and give me a bigger bun WITHOUT the fake looking dome buns I see at the beauty supply store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3wYp8PUjwY

letskeepntouch

GIRL! I have that vid in my fav's on Youtube. I still can't do it though. I tried and its like I lost ALL coordination with my hands. I ended up in a top knot and chalked it to the game :lol:.

letskeepntouch

GIRL! I have that vid in my fav's on Youtube. I still can't do it though. I tried and its like I lost ALL coordination with my hands. I ended up in a top knot and chalked it to the game :lol:.

:lol:

I haven't tried it yet but I figured it would not be as easy as she makes it seem. The hair is sitting in my closet. Sigh, I guess I better try it tomorrow because if not I need a new go to bun. :lol:

:lol:

I haven't tried it yet but I figured it would not be as easy as she makes it seem. The hair is sitting in my closet. Sigh, I guess I better try it tomorrow because if not I need a new go to bun. :lol:

LOL! It may be easier for you. Anytime weave is added to the equation I get flustered and just give up.

i just started bunnin. this is my second week. i have decided to bun my hair using just goodie bands. take down once a week to moisturize my ends and then re-bun.

I bun mostly with these banana clips from Dollar Tree. They are hard plastic and hold a lot of hair. I tuck my ends under with bobby pins

image-4256075406.jpg

Thank you ladies for these wonderful hair tools. I am venturing into the world of bunning and I like it!

So I went and stocked up on a couple bunning tools.

I went and bought another Annie Hair Bun (made of synthetic hair, its silky and doesn't dry out my hair).

1 container of Annie Hair Pins (300)

1 Scunci Bow

Thanks for the suggestions ladies.

@cutenss tell me why I have the goody versions of the good hair day pins at sallys. I only found two, but I will test those out before I purchase another container.

Attachments

• elle-acetate-banana-clip_8229545_100.jpg
    elle-acetate-banana-clip_8229545_100.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Back