What products can I use for a great airdried rollerset?

Monilove122

Hey Ladies,

I know there are a couple threads on this topic but many of them list lacio lacio as a product that creates a great rollerset. I want to do a rollerset tonight and don't have Lacio Lacio so is there something else I can use (i.e. something i can buy at the BSS tonight)? Also, what is the key to a successful airdried roller set - moisture, sealing ends, making sure hair is soak and wet, etc.

TIA

Well I suggest using lacio lacio. :lachen:JK . I have good rollerset just using my thick and creamy leavin mixed with EVOO and warm water. I spray it all over my head and on each section to keep it dripping wet. But then again I don't airdry...so I'll just bump this for you.:look:

I recently did an airdried rollerset using VO5 Silky Experiences Lavender Luster Conditioner as a leave-in, sealed with Proclaim serum and coconut oil. The result: my hair was bouncy, shiny and smelled good.:yep: These items can be found at Sally's and Walmart.

To get a smooth rollerset, I saturate each section of hair with water, so that it is dripping wet, before rolling it. Also, hair should be COMPLETELY DRY before removing the roller.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Creamy leave-in (nexxus headress, giovanni direct, NTM silk, etc.), using rat tail comb and the largest sized magnetic rollers for your hair length. Let airdry completely - takes me like 7 to 9 hours - take down rollers and then apply sealing oil. If I add oil before rollersetting, it takes FOREVER to airdry, like 12 hours . . .

Thanks, thanks, thanks ladies :). I'll come back and update this thread. I can do my own rollerset with my eyes closed (years of going to the Dominicans) so I'm hoping this will come out good. I will get some Lacio Lacio soon Kittenz :spinning: LOL

Creamy leave-in (nexxus headress, giovanni direct, NTM silk, etc.), using rat tail comb and the largest sized magnetic rollers for your hair length. Let airdry completely - takes me like 7 to 9 hours - take down rollers and then apply sealing oil. If I add oil before rollersetting, it takes FOREVER to airdry, like 12 hours . . .

Wow, this is an excellent tip, Neroli. I always seal my leave-in immediately with serum/oil, and my hair takes FOREVER to airdry as well. When I wash my hair this coming weekend, I will rollerset with just the leave-in and water and then, after my hair is dry, add serum/oil. Thanks so much.

Back