Newbie with my very first rollerset!!! [PICTURES]

Wow! You did an EXCELLENT job. ESPECIALLY considering that that was your first time?! Lookin' good :)

I wish I knew how to rollerset.

LMAO!!!!! I can't even do two quotes in one. Can YOU help ME out?

LOL!

*whispers*

I quoted yours, copied it into Clipboard, then went back and quoted the other text and pasted the original... LOL

That's a very pretty set :heart3:, lovely color too.

Thanks!! Its a drugstore box that I used. Wasn't good for me to do because it contained some bleach, I learned my lesson needless to say!

Last edited:
You did a great job! I love your hair color btw! I'm new to rollersetting also. I've done about 10-12 rollersets so far on myself. I did well my first time too but I can see that I'm getting much better with each one. I'm so happy because I used to be a slave to the salon--every week--going in for something..including rollersets. NO MORE! We CAN do it ourselves girls/ladies!

I know Energee! I would literally be shelving out at least $20 a week to get my hair taken care of by someone else. Not to mention the fact that its hard to find a GOOD hairstylist, someone who genuinely takes care of your hair. I've had too many horror stories about women's hair being ruined by hairstylists, not to mention my mother went through that last year. She went from having BSL hair to having to wear a VERY short haircut. We're actually in the process of suing the stylist because of how much damage was done. That was the starting point of motivation for me to learn to do this myself.

BOOOOO!! I'm straight hatin on you! I've been here for like seven months and I STILL can't do a rollerset. And here you go, doin it perfect on your first try...... You suck! :catfight:

Re: EDIT: FINISHED ROLLERSET PIX!! - Newbie with my very first rollerset!!! [PICTURES

Hey ladies, by now you may be getting annoyed with me LOL

Here's the finished product:

4u0vuyf.jpg

Also, a quick question - I noticed while my hair was wet that the middle of the shaft in certain parts would contain my natural texture, but it would be straight at the roots and straight AFTER that particular part. I just had a perm maybe going on a month ago (I don't exactly remember when) but I found this to be weird. If you look in the pics you can actually see it in certain parts. Any idea why this is??
Sounds like that area may be a little underprocessed. If you take slightly smaller sections when you roll, then you can get a more even tension across the whole section to straighten out the underprocessed parts. HTH.
Looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!:grin:

:grin: Your hair is beautiful!!!!!!!! You did an excellent job
I love your hair color. Please tell me what color you have in your hair it is so pretty!!!!

Re: EDIT: FINISHED ROLLERSET PIX!! - Newbie with my very first rollerset!!! [PICTURES

Girl your hair looks wonderful how did you get your roots so straight i can't seem to mine straight for nothing.

Hey ladies, by now you may be getting annoyed with me LOL

Anyway, tonight I did my very first rollerset. Yesterday I did a pre-poo with ORS Hair Mayo and I mixed in some of my EOs, washed out this afternoon and pooed 2x with Aveda DR followed by a protein DC (I loooooove Sebastian!) and then Aveda DR Conditioner. For my rollerset I used Lacio Lacio + Aveda Emollient finishing gloss + water.

Welp, here were the results! I'm under the dryer now.. *thinking that I can't wait for my Pibbs to get here*

5zomw50.jpg

52gj1pg.jpg

4qs6kjn.jpg

Here's the finished product:
61wfgvb.jpg

4u0vuyf.jpg

And then after my saran wrap treatment:
4l5gh1s.jpg

5236ss5.jpg

Also, a quick question - I noticed while my hair was wet that the middle of the shaft in certain parts would contain my natural texture, but it would be straight at the roots and straight AFTER that particular part. I just had a perm maybe going on a month ago (I don't exactly remember when) but I found this to be weird. If you look in the pics you can actually see it in certain parts. Any idea why this is??

:grin: Your hair is beautiful!!!!!!!! You did an excellent job
I love your hair color. Please tell me what color you have in your hair it is so pretty!!!!

Thanks Kat! The hair color I used was literally an out of the box drugstore highlight box. This is actually my second time doing my hair color, the first time I did it was about a year ago and I had my best friend do it for me. But here's a link to the brand and color if you wanna try it!

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/detail?prodid=342009

Girl your hair looks wonderful how did you get your roots so straight i can't seem to mine straight for nothing.

Thanks! Well part of the reason why my roots may be straight is because I'm about 4 weeks post-relaxer. But what I did for my rollerset (to be on the safe side) was put the roller on top of the hair and roll down so that it sits on my roots. That helps to keep the roller down on the hair and then it comes out a bit straighter. After it was dry I took Marcherieamour's tip of spritzing my roots with water and doing a VERY quick blow out of the roots ONLY. That made it MUCH more manageable!

Thanks! Well part of the reason why my roots may be straight is because I'm about 4 weeks post-relaxer. But what I did for my rollerset (to be on the safe side) was put the roller on top of the hair and roll down so that it sits on my roots. That helps to keep the roller down on the hair and then it comes out a bit straighter. After it was dry I took Marcherieamour's tip of spritzing my roots with water and doing a VERY quick blow out of the roots ONLY. That made it MUCH more manageable!

Sorry, so in other words the hair is being rolled in an upward position?

your rollerset came out great for your first time! your hair looks very healthy! I am goin to try rolling my hair up now.

Sorry, so in other words the hair is being rolled in an upward position?

Exactly. Its better to do it that way because the rollers flatten out the roots. Also make sure to keep the hair moisturized (very wet, basically). I used water because setting lotion ALWAYS leaves my hair stiff and too much leave-in and serum weighs my hair down. I like my hair bouncy.

your hair is very beautiful!!! It looks soo healthy! I love your highlights too!

you did a better job at rollersetting then I did my first time.:yep:

That's GREAT for a first set.

If you only knew what my first set looked like (Psst: You don't ever want to see it :nono:)

Back