What Product Combinations Did You Use On Your Hair Today?

Tell me about this OGX??

Are you natural? Biotin and Collagen??? Sounds ...intriguing.
Both the shampoo & conditioner kept showing up on my Pinterest feed, touting the benefits for naturals (iirc) and being an underrated product that really works. So, eventually I bought just the conditioner (I'm funny about my shampoos). The smell was decent, but I really like the creamy consistency with a bit of slip. After I rinsed is when I felt like "ok, this might be a pretty good conditioner"... My hair felt really moisturized and was really easy to detangle and it just looked and felt really healthy.
So, it contains collagen and hydrolyzed wheat protein which I was a little concerned about because I'm protein sensitive, which now I know my sensitivity comes from frequent use of heavier type proteins, nono for me. I use this every week and sometimes (actually quite often) use it as a leave-in with no ill-effects and I've been using it for a few months now.
It's a cheapie-ish conditioner (especially if you find the 50% more for the same price bottles) and it's really moisturizing & hydrating even though it has proteins. On the bottle it says thick n full which I don't care about because my hair is really thick. It does contain a cone if you're concerned about that and it doesn't have any parabens if you're concerned about that.
I tried another OGX conditioner, can't remember which one (they have so many) and I can tell you I did not like it one bit... Only the Biotin & Collagen in the purple bottle will do. This conditioner can be found at Target, Walmart and the likes.
I'm 100% natural (2+ years) with 3c/4a type hair... When I put this stuff in my hair my curls become so defined.
HTH.

I want to try that Biotin and Collagen. I read a few reviews on YT and Walmart that were favorable. @IDareT'sHair
This is good stuff. I mix it with my aphogee 2-step when I'm too lazy to use the 2-step properly. I've used it to cowash and as a rinse out. It gives me soft hair and defined curls. I also love the biotin & collagen dry styling oil. It smells amazing and makes my hair soft and silky. I use it to control frizz when taking down twists and roller sets. I've also used it with a liquid leave in to roller set.

**tríєd jαnє cαrtєrѕ lєαvє ín, curl crєαm αnd nσuríѕh & ѕhínє. nícє ѕhínє αnd ѕσftnєѕѕ вut nσ rєαl curl dєfínítíσn
**kcnt & kccc gσσd curl dєfínítíσn вut ít wαѕ ѕσ crunchч
** wєt línє єхtrєmє gєl wíth kknt αѕ α lєαvє ín. 5ѕtαr hαír ѕhínє, hσld αnd dєfínítíσn!! lαѕtєd 3 dαчѕ wíth juѕt wαtєr fσr rєfrєѕhíng

As the Combos Turn:
VO5 Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner/HV's Acai Phyto Berry/Final R/O CJ Smoothing Lotion
DB Pumpkin Under Dryer for about 20 minutes/CJ Curl Rehab under Steamer 40 minutes
QB CTDG & Sunflower Oil
Twist with: Sarenzo Creamy and Curls Lavish Moisturizer

Last edited:
@shawnyblazes
How is that Double Duty? (Not that I'm interested in purchasing it):nono:

The slip is insane! Oddly, it feels weird on wet hair and dries hard if I use it on wet hair. If I add it to dry hair, it dries touchable soft and bouncy. Im just trying to use it up because its been around for half a year, lol.

I can see this being a good detangler that needs to be washed out @IDareT'sHair

Oyin Hair Dew + Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker: My search is done. Yay-ee-yay-eeeeeeeee results (in my best Ice Cube voice).

Day 2 is stillllll rockin', too. :yep:

'Course, this won't keep me from trialing my Bekura products once they arrive. ;)

Ahhhhhhhh! The highs of the healthy hair journey are so high. I can NOT take this for granted. I must bask. :yep:

Back