What Moisturizer Do You Use???

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
whyme.gif
It seems like there is a lot of confusion about what products to use as moisturizers...

Please DO NOT post serums, some oils, shampoos, conditioners, etc. that are used for other purposes. Post what you use as a MOISTURIZER and indicate if you use it for your roots, hair shaft, or ends.

Let's give the newbies a list of MOISTURIZERS they can look at and choose from
wink.gif

I mist my hair a homemade spritz containing water, olive oil, vit. E, Rosemary eo, Sweet orange eo, jojoba oil and !1Tb of whatever conditioner I choose to put in it. This, combined with my homemade hair butters and applied when damp, keep my natural hair soft and moisturized all day.

I use Profectiv's Long n Healthy and Break Free. I don't put anything on my scalp or on the roots. I mostly put this on my ends when it's dry. I use the break free on the ends when I roller set. When I refresh my wash n go look, I've started putting the long n healthy over my hair after I spritz it with water to keep the curls looking fresh.
Both aren't greasy but I don't put a lot on, about a nickle to quarter sized amount.

I use B&B Castor Oil Pink Lotion Moisturizer (it's called something like that!), Motions Light Moisturizer (also a light pink lotion), and an creamy lotion moisturizer by Elasta (I can't remember the name though!)

My favorite is the B&B lotion! But I wear my hair slicked back alot; when I wear my hair out, I like the Elasta moisturizer, but I have to remember to use only a little!

T
PS, I don't put it anyway near my problematic scalp, if I can help it!

profective healthy ends for the ends on my hair
ors olive oil lotion
ors carrot oil
pure shea butter
elasta qp mango butter
purchasing soon - surge wojee cream

Elata QP Mango Butter, mainly on my ends and "kitchen"
laugh.gif
. Love the smell and it makes my kitchen lay down!

I also like Paul Mitchell's Foaming Pomade. It gives great shine and softness as well.

I mainly use UBH Lotion Creme Moistureizer on the entire hair shaft as well as Carol's Daughter Hair Balm and Hair Milk.

I take a bottle that sprays a very fine mist and in it I pour some:
Distilled water
Small amount of Elucence MB conditioner or any conditioner that I choose
Africa’s best herbal oil or any oil that I choose
A SMALL (a few drops) amount of glycerin (I don’t like too much or else it makes the concoction sticky)
Panthenol

I spritz my length (including the roots) and ends with it twice a day sealing the ends with oil.

New here, been "monitoring" for weeks and made changes to my regimen as result of some of the awesome advice on this board. I have 4b relaxed hair that is just past shoulders and my hair never looked healthier, with bounce and body. Thank you all, hairdivas!

To moisturize hair after washing, I use a mixture of Nexxus Headdress, Giovanni Direct Leave-in and pure rosemary essential oil for roller setting.

Dark n Lovely citrus Braid spray...I dont have braids but its a really light moisturizer spray thats perfect for summer!

Neutrogena Triple Moisture leave in
Profectiv breakfree
Elasta Mango butter(I use it like a gel)
daily I use African Gold braid spray sometimes Surge Rev 14.

[ QUOTE ]
Superstar1908 said:
I use both Profective Break-Free and Root Health.

Both non-greasy products that work really well.

Oh, and not too expensive!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto!Except the cheap part.That depends on where you live

liv (ends)
allways super gro (ends)
pantene r&n daily oil cream moisturizer (hair shaft and ends)
surge (scalp)
ors olive oil sheen spray (whole head)

[ QUOTE ]
Honi said:
I take a bottle that sprays a very fine mist and in it I pour some:
Distilled water
Small amount of Elucence MB conditioner or any conditioner that I choose
Africa’s best herbal oil or any oil that I choose
A SMALL (a few drops) amount of glycerin (I don’t like too much or else it makes the concoction sticky)
Panthenol

I spritz my length (including the roots) and ends with it twice a day sealing the ends with oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

I recently started to use a mix of ELucence MB conditioner, water, Hot Six, EVOO and Wheatgerm Oil as a moisturizer. I love it! Elucence MB conditioner is GREAT!! Maybe that mixture is going to replace my S-curl... I need to cut down on the amount of products I use and stick to what works for me

For my ends, I'm alternating with using Protective Break Free (which I learned about recently from this board) and my Constant Care for Ends (more expensive but tried and true).

Motions Hair Lotion Oil Moisturizer (hair shaft)
Profectiv Oil Sheen Spray (all over)
I seal moisture with Silk Elements Glossing Polish (hair shaft) and my mixture of oils (ends)

Im going to try the Profectiv Healthy Ends for my ends once I run out of products.

I use the s-curl stuff (on my hair shaft and ends) and ORS olive oil lotion (on my hairshaft and ends too).

I don't really moisturize my new growth. I just put some coconut oil on it right after conditioning, then leave it alone until next time. I guess that it's sorta a moisturizer.

MEGAGROWTH IT MAKES MY HAIR ALL SHINY AND SOFT!
EQ MANGO BUTTER ,ONLY ON MY ENDS
HOLLYWOOD CARROT CREAM ,VERY MOISTURIZING
WATER,SOY OIL AND COCONUT OIL

I use all of these moisturizers at different times depending on what my hair needs.

Mango butter
S-curl no drip spray
Profectiv Breakfree
ORS Olive Lotion
Aura Pomade (I use this for my edges after wash and con)
Proclaim 7 oil
Currently shea butter mixture (i created) on my ends only every three days w/s-curl to lock in moisture. My ends are moisturized for three day or until I wash.

Carol's Daughter Some of Marguerite's Magic
Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter
Carol's Daughter Hair Milk and Hair Balm
Shea Butter

First I have to say i love profectiv products!!!
The ones I use are
1)Healthy ends-for my ends
2)Break free and mega growth for my hair
3Root health for my scalp

At night I use Balck and Sassy anti breakage moisturizer over night treatment which is also really good.

Back