What Moisturizer Do You Use???

Tene - How do you like CD Hair Balm and how do you use it? I'm thinking of trying out this product the next time I place an order from CD.

I use KMS Silker 2-in-1 shaping creme all over my hair. It softens my new growth and it smoothes down my hair. I also am curently using African Pride Soy Replenisher. It does a pretty good job but I'm used to a thicker, creamier moisturizer and the smell is just ok (not bad though).

I use From Nature with Love's Avocado Butter as a moisturizer. Before it started to get hot, I used CD SoMM (Carol's Daughter Some of Marguerite's Magic). I've been keeping it MAD simple since the PJ Challenge. Occasionally, I'll use Profectiv Healthy Ends on my ends if they don't feel too moisturized to me.

My spray moisturizers are:
* UBH Dew
* Sta-Sof-Fro
* Surge (very sparingly)

My creme moisturizers are:
*UBH Lotion
*Elasta QP Recovery
*Elasta QP Mango Butter
*Sta-Sof-Fro in the tube

UBH Dew ( hair shaft)
Motions oil mositurizer ( hair shaft and ends)
Hot six oil ( wet roller set before dryer)
nature's blessing ( occasionally scalp and comb through to coat hair)
UBH creme mositurizer ( sparingly, mostly new growth)

good post. I like to sprirtz african pride braid sheen + then apply mango butter. Othertimes I will use ORS Carrot Oil or Recovery instead of Mango Butter. I've found that a liquid with herbs etc in to dampen my hair helps more. I think otherwise the product just lays on top of my hair.

good post. I like to sprirtz african pride braid sheen + then apply mango butter. Othertimes I will use ORS Carrot Oil or Recovery instead of Mango Butter. I've found that a liquid with herbs etc in to dampen my hair helps more. I think otherwise the product just lays on top of my hair.

Mixture, depending on needs of hair

UBH Creme Moisturizer
Elasta QP Mango Butter
World of Curls
Softee (Yup, Grease!)
Various Oils (Castor, Coconut)
recently added Woojee Cream (love it)

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Tene - How do you like CD Hair Balm and how do you use it? I'm thinking of trying out this product the next time I place an order from CD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not Tene...lol but I think you should save your money on this one. It's REALLY greasy and doesn't really do anything. It smells nice though. I think the hair milk is a lot better!

I use Pantene Hydrating curls leave-in spray (all over)
I still haven't found a good creme moisturizer (not greasy, doesn't stink, not too thick) for my hair /images/graemlins/frown.gif

pure mango butter
pure avocado butter
pure sal butter
pure cocoa butter-deodorized
pure tallow

i use these on my ends, scalp and hair- keep me well moisturized and very soft. Reduces breakage and shedding-i love them.

my moisturizers have changed...

i use my mixture of oils and Wild Growth Hair Oil when I wear my hair straight.

I will use ElastaQp Recovery for dry rollersets.

when i start doing the baggie method, I will use my mixture of oils and S-Curl.

[ QUOTE ]
carameldiva said:
pure mango butter
pure avocado butter
pure sal butter
pure cocoa butter-deodorized
pure tallow

i use these on my ends, scalp and hair- keep me well moisturized and very soft. Reduces breakage and shedding-i love them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Carameldiva, would it be ok to use plain old Palmer's Cocoa Butter or should that be strictly for the body? I always use it in the winter time on my skin and have always wondered if it would be ok to use on hair? if not, what kind of cocoa butter do you use?

I wouldnt use Palmers because of the wax content in it....but some people have had good results using it.

[ QUOTE ]
Ayeshia said:
I wouldnt use Palmers because of the wax content in it....but some people have had good results using it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Ayeshia. Could the wax be damaging or does it just leave that gross waxy buildup?

the buildup for the most part...It would probably be good for the ends though now That I think about it just not the entire head:)Actually Real uses it and I don't think she has any problem.

Back