What Makes A Weave Look Good To You?

FemmeFatale

Since this is a hair board I figured I'd ask the question here.

Is it based on hair texture? Density? Blend? Length? The way the install is laid? Color? Describe your ideal weave and some celeb examples.

A weave looks good to me if the hair texture is blended well with the weave, installed well with no lumps or bumps, cut well with no blunt ends popping out. Good color jobs also, no bad highlights or poorly done ombre. If you are going to have a weave pay someone to do it right is my motto.

everyone and mama mention leave-outs. then what makes real full head weave
I like the closures and the invisible weaves done right. But that part gets sketchy...cause every stylist cannot do it. I just don't straighten my hair enough to wear leave-outs. Nor do I feel like straightening my hair everyday to keep the textures consistent. More power to the ladies who do this and keep it up.

In November right before Thanksgivings, I added weave hair to my braids---I usually just have my own natural hair braided.

I'm 60% gray....so I insisted on finding gray braid hair. I got a thousand compliments and folks were shocked that I added gray hair instead of another color.

Hubby hates gray hair but actually liked this.

so I went through all of this to say color match is a high priority.

you have to put on hair that looks like it will be growing out of your scalp..YOUR HAIRLINE is a very important aspect of wearing fake hair.....like try diff textures and etc and see what compliments your look...
blending is key...i wear weaves and wigs often as a PS ppl always think its my real hair...and to me some styles i wear are not my real hair but it goes well with my overall look as in not everyone can wear silky Malaysian textures it doesn't suit your overall look...

color...install...upkeep...i dont mind anyone wearing a weave and enhancing their look but its also something you need to keep up as when it starts getting old...ya gotta revive it...weave hair holds in smells..refresh the smell of your weave...

anything more than 20 inches is a no....ombreeee is not everyones cup of tea....if you have a big head, long face, wide eyes you have to wear something that compliments that...

im not a fan of ppl changing their hair super often i think you find a glam weave look and a everyday weave look and alternate....

It's the front piece/third of a lace wig. You should be able to get them in various textures, like lace wigs. I think they can look more natural than your standard closure.

It goes from ear to ear, sometimes with baby hairs attached. It's not U-shaped like a closure, and it also is a free-part style.

hair that has the texture of human hair - light, fluffy strands. i do work with a girl who has a bone straight relaxer, and she fills in her ponytail with a few bone straight tracks. the non-blacks don't notice and she's even fooled some of the other bw in the office (not me though :lachen:)

if you're going to go that route (mainly your hair with a few tracks thrown in) trim your ends. chewed up ends stick out like a sore thumb.

the perimeter of the leaveout needs to match the positioning and texture of the hair. people can spot the texture differences but seem less preoccupied with the length differences. the edges also need to be smoothly blended, not just the length of the leaveout.

people underestimate this but your sew in needs to have a good cut. i get my sew ins layered. uniformity in length is an obvious tell.

it has to move naturally. hair just sitting on your head not blowing in the breeze :lachen:

my sew ins were bomb, yo. RIP wagman's remy.

When it looks like it COULD be growing out of your scalp.

If it's a full head weave, it mimics your natural texture, is a realistic length and the cut gives it movement and life.

If you have leave out: it blends well with your leave out and all the above.

Texture & Blending. I love her hair, all her weaves are on point!

dsc09761.jpg
dsc08636.jpg

free-people-extratropical-dress-2.jpg

Back