What makes a guy stay?

Millahdoowop

We often talk about the reasons why guys cheat, but I have often wondered why do guys stay and cheat? What is it that makes them stay with their girlfriend even though they are getting a piece on the side?

Last edited:
A girl I work with found out her husband is cheating on her with two women. She tried to kick him out of the house, but he won't leave. She thinks that he doesn't want to move out, because the other women will 1) demand that he move in with one of them, which means he will most likely have to drop one and 2) if he gets his own place, he won't have an excuse for not being available to his other women. :perplexed

Dude is selfish as hell. He's doing wrong but doesn't want to move out over some ish like that? She better change the locks on him, well that's what I'd do in that situation. I could not be in the same house with him. Demand to move in? lol Why does it sound like he wouldn't be able to say no? He sounds weak.

Dude is selfish as hell. He's doing wrong but doesn't want to move out over some ish like that? She better change the locks on him, well that's what I'd do in that situation. I could not be in the same house with him. Demand to move in? lol Why does it sound like he wouldn't be able to say no? He sounds weak.

She put the house up for sale, because legally she can't evict him even though he doesn't help with the mortgage. She is going to have all of the marital debt paid at the closing, so he won't get any money. :clapping:

Men go through relationships always thinking about the next best thing - whether it be the next best girl or the next best guy coming to take away their girl. So instead of being mature and saying that they aren't ready to settle down with you they string you along so no one else can have you and they continue to "date" other women simply because they can.

We often talk about the reasons why guys cheat, but I have often wondered why do guys stay and cheat? What is it that makes them stay with their girlfriend even though they are getting a piece on the side?

Now that I have thought about this, the most basic answer is that they stay because the women tolerates them cheating.

Oh okay, sounds about right (women tolerating the cheating). I'm glad the girl at your job has everything planned out. I'm having a hard time trying to follow that line of thinking. You can have your cake and eat it too without having a girlfriend and being upfront about what you are about and looking for. The best thing is to get out when a guy sees a girl beginning to catch feelings. Stringing folks along is how cars get scratched up, windows get busted and conflict arises. smdh I can't get a thin line between love and hate out of my head. lol

People want their cake and eat it too! And if their SO will allow it, then it’s like a double positive! For some reason, I thought this thread was going to be about men that don’t cheat and stay faithful to their women. I’d love to know more about those guys!

I think a lot of men stay because they really love their wife/SO, because they want to be in the home with their kids, because they can't make it on their income alone, because of their position in the community, because they don't want to see their woman with someone else, because they enjoy having a family......

They just happen to love sleeping with different women for whatever reason.

Because they're comfortable. Sometimes men will drag relationships out knowing that they're not going anywhere simply because they're comfortable. If they haven't gotten caught or know she's not going anywhere they figure hey why not?

I think a lot of men stay because they really love their wife/SO, because they want to be in the home with their kids, because they can't make it on their income alone, because of their position in the community, because they don't want to see their woman with someone else, because they enjoy having a family......

I'm gonna have to agree with ya there

Believe it or not, I agree with this. It’s unfortunate, but true!

People want their cake and eat it too! And if their SO will allow it, then it’s like a double positive! For some reason, I thought this thread was going to be about men that don’t cheat and stay faithful to their women. I’d love to know more about those guys!

From my experience, men who don't cheat tend to have morals, are disciplined, are mature enough to know that a new/different "cookie" isn't worth losing a solid relationship and are usually close with their family.

Men go through relationships always thinking about the next best thing - whether it be the next best girl or the next best guy coming to take away their girl. So instead of being mature and saying that they aren't ready to settle down with you they string you along so no one else can have you and they continue to "date" other women simply because they can.

Ditto!~~~~

Back