What Kind Of Voodoo Is In Wetline Gel?

I shampooed & conditioned that mess from yesterday out of my hair and decided to wng with Wetline

Trying a new combo, on one side I used Camille Rose naturals Aloe Whipped Butter gel & Ajani balm + Wetline & on the other side just used the whipped butter gel + Wetline

Since the whipped butter gel is already a styler I didn't use as much gel as I did when using Oyin hair dew.

Beautiful! I feel like we are hair twins.

Anyone found a way to combat the crunch? I just don't like it
The first few pages of this thread has options that work well. I suggest a heavy/ thick leave-in. Anything runny will leave a crunch after your hair is dry, that's not to say that it can't be fixed with a oil layered on top-after it dries.

I did a WnG today with SM curl enhancing smoothie and Wetline gel. This combo is just okay, I like the definition better with Wetline Gel and SM JBCO leave-in. But my hair is very shiny! Also got more crunch with thus combo, had to break it up with grapeseed oil. These pics are terrible as I am really bad at selfies.

Attachments

• 20160808_200428.jpg
    20160808_200428.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 20160808_200434.jpg
    20160808_200434.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 75
@Chicoro You should come to the wash n go thread. We post lots of pics in there! That's where I'll mostly be since I'm not using wet line for wng's at the moment.
https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/fall-winter-wash-n-go-challenge.740985/
@Pokahontas what exactly did you do to your hair on the day you took your avi pic??? its sooo :drool: worthy and inspiring. i love how much length it has but also how much volume. and you look so pretty.
you're still the closest thing to a hair twin that i've found since 2005 on my first hair journey/transition :lol: . I'm transitioning again. I'll be so happy to be rid of this skimpy relaxed hair.

i can't wait to be natural and then try the Wet Line. Right now with a relaxer and heat damage my hair is just too crappy for Wetline even :lol: All i can do is wear it straight.
ugh i cannot believe it will be years until I'm natural. years :cry3: last relaxer was in April.
I trimmed a nice length of hideous stringy ends on July 27 so the more I trim the closer I'll be to all natural :happydance: :lol:

@Pokahontas what exactly did you do to your hair on the day you took your avi pic??? its sooo :drool: worthy and inspiring. i love how much length it has but also how much volume. and you look so pretty.
you're still the closest thing to a hair twin that i've found since 2005 on my first hair journey/transition :lol: . I'm transitioning again. I'll be so happy to be rid of this skimpy relaxed hair.
Thanks so much girl! I wish I could remember what I did, this pic was a couple years ago before I got scissor happy. I'm working on getting back to that length curly but I still need to do one more trim because my hair is uneven ugh

Thanks so much girl! I wish I could remember what I did, this pic was a couple years ago before I got scissor happy. I'm working on getting back to that length curly but I still need to do one more trim because my hair is uneven ugh

@Pokahontas, What was your length, in that photo, straightened?

@Pokahontas, What was your length, in that photo, straightened?
I think probably hip length. I never really keep up with my exact length because I hardly ever straighten. I think that may have been a slightly stretched wng but I'm not sure. I used to use twists sometime to stretch my wng's. My hair has to be extremely long for it to show any length while curly. My shrinkage is crazy.

I think probably hip length. I never really keep up with my exact length because I hardly ever straighten. I think that may have been a slightly stretched wng but I'm not sure. I used to use twists sometime to stretch my wng's. My hair has to be extremely long for it to show any length while curly. My shrinkage is crazy.

Thank you for answering! For me to show any length while curly like that, I'd have to be at dinasour length. Meaning, it would need to hit my tail bone and extend about two feet beyond and along my tail when stretched.

Thank you for answering! For me to show any length while curly like that, I'd have to be at dinasour length. Meaning, it would need to hit my tail bone and extend about two feet beyond and along my tail when stretched.
It's weird how some hair shrinks more than others. I've never quite figured the logic behind it. I used to think it could've been because I have fine hair w/o much weight to it so it just springs back up to my head. I look at hair like Chime on YouTube and she doesn't seem to have much shrinkage but her hair seems to have thicker/heavier strands it could be more weighted down. I'm not sure but it's interesting.

So the W&G was a no-go. It just doesn't look good at my length. So I pulled it back into a puff and while the curls are defined, it's crunchy and dry looking. But I also probably need to clarify my hair, I have a bunch of different products in it right now.

So the W&G was a no-go. It just doesn't look good at my length. So I pulled it back into a puff and while the curls are defined, it's crunchy and dry looking. But I also probably need to clarify my hair, I have a bunch of different products in it right now.
Use some oil over the top of the gel to soften it up a bit when you're having this experience.

Just smoothed some of this on top my hair after fully air drying with SM low porosity leave in. Wearing a ponytail or bun tomorrow per usual

You can also try diluting your gel a little, if it tends to dry crunchy.

I'm noticing a lot of ladies complaining about flaking with this gel. Use it alone, with nothing under it. No leaves in, creams etc. I've never had a problem with flaking until like day 5.

Anyhoo...um...so ladies you know when I bought this tub..because I posted the pic here. This is that same tub now
2_zpsa6ppe9tp.png

Still using this gel!

I've had issues with flaking. Once it dries completely, if I pull on a curl, it will flake. I love pulling on my curls.

I've found a way around this. At first, to stretch it out, I would wait until it was completely dry (roots and everything) and then either A) braid it, B) blow it out some, or C) pull it into a ponytail. Now, I just wait until it's 90%dry, with the roots still wet and that's when I braid it and let it dry...or even just let it dry a little more like this. When I take the braids out, even if it's still a little wet, after it dries completely, there is no flaking.

My theory is that once it completely dries and sets in the form it's going to take, with the gel hardened, any manipulation of it causes it to break up and produces flakes. I guess my hair needs to be stretched out with the gel in it, so it won't set completely in that form, in order to not flake. This has also helped with hardness/crunchiness. Which I didn't/ don't mind at all. But I did mind the flaking.
I actually like that it gets so hard, it makes it a protective style. My hair is usually very (too) fine and soft and breaks easily. With this, it's constantly hydrated* and the ends are 'held in place' by the gel.

*so yea, I cowash every 3-4days. But between then, I can even spray it with straight water and add leave in at night, put it up (read below) and its still curly the next morning.

And after the 3-4 days, so no flakes.

And yes, the curls still stay even if I braid it when it's not completely dry. Ok, I only care about the curls being on the ends of my hair strand. My roots are not "as" curly as they'd be if I let them dry before stretching. But I don't care about that. It's like 10% of my hair strand that's not super curly.

As the days go on, I just put it in a low ponytail at night, so it can stay stretched. I've also done a puff at night..scared that it would be in a permanent "up" position the next morning lol. But nope. I was able to wiggle it around and get it back "down" lol. Puffs are easier for me to put my hair into than low ponytails, but puffs do require a bit more morning manipulation. I'm glad I have options tho.

I'm using Garnier fructis anti humidity leave in underneath. And I cowash it out with Aussie moist.

Yea, the flaking I'm talking about only happens when I play in my hair hardcore :look: not just flakes noticeably sitting on top of my hair. I never get any of that.

I ordered the four 35oz tubs from WalMart.
I only have flaking of any kind on my low po patches, no matter what I put under it. Everywhere else I usually use KCKT and I just started trialing a Garnier leave-in. This past wash day I used Deva Curl Decadence cleanser and conditioner. I think this might be a winning combination.

Back