What Kind of Sit Under Hair Dryer

KhandiB

Do you Have?

I have a gold n hot 1600 :blush: watt dryer

Im getting rid of it and getting a new one...

I want an 1875 and/or one with a bigger bonnett
My head sometimes doesnt fit underneath.. before I get rid of it though, Imma try the mesh rollers

crlsweetie912 said:
khandi I think you and I have the same one. Why are you getting rid of it? I hardly use mine.

ebay sometimes has them for $200. I just happened to purchase from a distributor on ebay and it was delivered damaged :( so I contacted Pibbs.com and they honored the ebay price.:)

I have the conair standing hard hat dryer.. I LOVE IT.:)

9f_1.JPG

I've had the Sally's Ion hard bonnet dryer (the pink one) before, and I reallyyyy did like it, but closing it became too much of a pain. Those special "lock" things on the part that holds the hood in place would get stuck and I would get scared to force it to close for fear of breaking it, so needless to say, I returned it to Sally's. Even before I purchased the dryer, the sales lady told me to be careful with it because you can easily break it. Right now I'm using Conair soft bonnet dryer, but I'm looking to buy another hard bonnet dryer. I also have a Conair 1875w hard bonnet dryer that is covered with duct tape, because Daddy broke it when moving me home from college, lol. Anyway, it still works, it's just tacky lookin.

Great thread.... Ive been meaning to invest in a good hooded drier for a while, to do my deep conditioning treatments and also occasional roller sets..... so I'm taking notes. :)

Two questions:

1. Does the Ionic Bonnet dryer (pink from Sally's) really seem to make as much of difference than regular ones?

2. Those with Conair standing hot hat..do you find that it's not very hot? I bought one by a company called Hot and Hotter, same price, looks teh exact same except it's black. It tried a clients hair quickly but never got very hot. Her hair wasn't soaking wet though (damp with aloe gel from two strands).

Thanks
p1

patient1 said:
Two questions:

1. Does the Ionic Bonnet dryer (pink from Sally's) really seem to make as much of difference than regular ones?

Thanks
p1

I want to say yes but it could be my imagination. My hair seems to dry quicker and the texture seems to be softer but before LHCF I never paid attention. The ions are suppose to help with conditioning your hair.

I also have the pink ion dryer from Sally's. It gets really really hot. I don't know that the "ions" make a big difference.

LOL! A lot more people had/have that pink ionic dryer than I thought. I got mine for ~$40 over two years ago. My baby shorted out this year moving to this old-butt house:mad: ! Buuuuutttt I was able to get some OLD SCHOOL dryer from my great aunt. It dries, but... It's all old, raggedy, smells like cigarettes... Basically I'm getting a new one! I just won a 1875W hard bonnet by Hot Tools. (I'm waiting to pay so I can combine my daughter's Elmo Barbie, lol!) I thought about a Pibbs, the Conair one, a Babyliss, and a Hot Tools but decided to just keep it a little simplier (and cheaper). This one is really nice and I got it for cheap! Now that I'm on the posting bandwagon I'll let ya'll know about it! :lol:

patient1 said:
Two questions:

2. Those with Conair standing hot hat..do you find that it's not very hot? I bought one by a company called Hot and Hotter, same price, looks teh exact same except it's black. It tried a clients hair quickly but never got very hot. Her hair wasn't soaking wet though (damp with aloe gel from two strands).

Thanks
p1
I actually ordered this from Sallys last week. I think the high setting is pretty hot, but not as hot as the ones in hair salons, which I dont mind because I dont wanna burn up under there anyway.:lol: But so far so good.

Back