What Kind of Sit Under Hair Dryer

The dryer is absolutely wonderful.

My head was covered with mostly gray magnetics and my head fit comfortably under it. The dryer also had more than enough oomph to dry the bottom rollers, no problem. It's simple to put together, very stable and adjusts to any chair.

It's nothing and i do mean nothing like the soft bonnet piece of ya-ya i had before (LAME/TAME and INSANE).

The hot gets mighty hot - too hot for me actually (ymmv) - i turned it to medium and used the ion. Sat under the dryer for about 20-30 minutes, got up did some chores, sat back under again for another 20-30 minutes and my hair was dry cept one or 2 rollers with a bit more hair in them (10 more minutes). Then used the cool setting for about 10 minutes to set it good.

Remember, i've got about 5-6 inches of natural, the rest is texturized to about 75-80%. The relaxed part of my hair dried extra smooth, soft and no frizz. I had to flat iron my roots, i'm gonna find some mesh-type rollers to see if i can tighten up the tautness on the roots.

LOVED THE CURLS GIRLS!!

i don't know anything about the Pibbs so i can't compare what i'm not familiar to but will say this:

This is one bad butt dryer and it's the best $133 (w/shipping :D) that i've ever spent!!

No regrets at all -
cept my rollersetting (non)skills :D

I recently bought a Gold N Hot Pro 1875 Watt Ionic Hard Bonnet Dryer, for around $60. Pic is attached. It works pretty well, though I haven't actually tried it for a rollerset. I've been using it for DC and to help speed up my usual airdrying.
GH1055_p.jpg

It's funny looking, though. Sort of reminds me of the creatures from the "Alien" movies...LOL.:lol:

preciousjewel76 said:
I recently bought a Gold N Hot Pro 1875 Watt Ionic Hard Bonnet Dryer, for around $60. Pic is attached. It works pretty well, though I haven't actually tried it for a rollerset. I've been using it for DC and to help speed up my usual airdrying.
GH1055_p.jpg

It's funny looking, though. Sort of reminds me of the creatures from the "Alien" movies...LOL.:lol:

Let me know what you think of this, please.

leleepop said:
I have the Soft bonnet dryer from Sally's that looks like a space helmet and I love it.;)
i think i'm just gonna get that one tomorrow...i cannot wait any longer.

just bought the Ion Hard Hat Hooded Dryer 1875 watts; That sucka gets HOT! whewwww. All my rollers fit under it so it's a winner. Only one roller was wet after one hour.

anky said:
just bought the Ion Hard Hat Hooded Dryer 1875 watts; That sucka gets HOT! whewwww. All my rollers fit under it so it's a winner. Only one roller was wet after one hour.
I know that sucka is a winnner if you only had one wet roller after 1 hour with all that hair on your head! LOL

My hair will dry in 15 minutes if that's the case! LOL :lol:

You are right that thing will singe your scalp if you don't watch it! I can't use it on all the way hot! Whew :burn:

dlewis said:
Let me know what you think of this, please.

Review of the Gold N Hot Pro 1875 Watt Ionic Hard Bonnet Dryer:

I really like it so far! I place mine on a folding wooden table tray and set up a chair underneath, fits perfectly. I've only used the medium and low settings so far; I think the hot setting would be way too much for my hair/scalp. The dryer isn't all that noisy from the outside, but I can't hear the TV when I'm sitting under it.

Keep in mind, I haven't actually used this for a rollerset yet, just for speeding up my usual airdrying and for deep conditioning. Might try a rollerset this weekend. But I use the black and purple rollers, which I think will fit just fine under the dryer. I can't speak for those who may use larger rollers or have longer hair! My hair would probably get completely dry in about an an hour or so using medium heat.

Last edited:
I have the Pink ION from Sally's and it gets HOT. Someone already mentioned it but the only problem with this dryer, even though I really wouldn't call it a problem, is the fact that it can be a little bit tricky to fold the hood away. Every time I do it, I feel like I'm gonna break it.

I can let you know that The Ion (Sally's Pink) Dryer is on sale. You can get six dollars off this week I believe. It normally costs about 42 dollars. I paid about 32 for it (Have Sally's Discount Card).

ETA: I use the 2'' rollers (grey).

pistachio said:
Carel Soft Bonnet dryer from Sally's.

I bought one of these last week with that $5 off coupon. I have not had a chance to use it, but it looks nice.

I also just got that space alien looking one from Gold n' Hot. i am really ready totry that one. :D

anky said:
I can let you know that The Ion (Sally's Pink) Dryer is on sale. You can get six dollars off this week I believe. It normally costs about 42 dollars. I paid about 32 for it (Have Sally's Discount Card).

ETA: I use the 2'' rollers (grey).
yep...that is EXACTLY how much i paid for it at sally's!
i just went ahead with the pink ion, though i salivated when i saw the babyliss stand up in my local bss for $99...i found the gold n hot alien thing, but the same bss was charging $39.99...i'm like "nope!"...sally's didn't have it, but that coupon sign was staring me in the face for the pink ion, so i picked it up...i'll be using it tomorrow...

@ Lynnie B, How many watts is your dryer?
LynnieB said:
The dryer is absolutely wonderful.

My head was covered with mostly gray magnetics and my head fit comfortably under it. The dryer also had more than enough oomph to dry the bottom rollers, no problem. It's simple to put together, very stable and adjusts to any chair.

It's nothing and i do mean nothing like the soft bonnet piece of ya-ya i had before (LAME/TAME and INSANE).

The hot gets mighty hot - too hot for me actually (ymmv) - i turned it to medium and used the ion. Sat under the dryer for about 20-30 minutes, got up did some chores, sat back under again for another 20-30 minutes and my hair was dry cept one or 2 rollers with a bit more hair in them (10 more minutes). Then used the cool setting for about 10 minutes to set it good.

Remember, i've got about 5-6 inches of natural, the rest is texturized to about 75-80%. The relaxed part of my hair dried extra smooth, soft and no frizz. I had to flat iron my roots, i'm gonna find some mesh-type rollers to see if i can tighten up the tautness on the roots.

LOVED THE CURLS GIRLS!!

i don't know anything about the Pibbs so i can't compare what i'm not familiar to but will say this:

This is one bad butt dryer and it's the best $133 (w/shipping :D) that i've ever spent!!

No regrets at all - cept my rollersetting (non)skills :D

pistachio said:
Carel Soft Bonnet dryer from Sally's.
I saw this one and was thinking about it. I have a huge head and I dont think my rollers are gonna fit much longer under the one I have...
HoneyDew said:
I bought one of these last week with that $5 off coupon. I have not had a chance to use it, but it looks nice.

I also just got that space alien looking one from Gold n' Hot. i am really ready totry that one. :D
Please let me know which one is the biggest...my watermelon is not gonna last much longer under the one I have:lol:

Last edited:
LynnieB said:
naw shunta (the pibbs are way too pricey for me)

i got a gold n hot 1875w tourmaline ionic stand dryer - it's a new product that wasn't listed on the belson website yet.

http://stores.ebay.com/eBeautytown_Styling-Tools_Hard-hat-Dryers_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ20QQftidZ2QQtZkm had them for 109 + shipping. i have several gold n hot curling irons (haven't used in like forever but they have lasted for years and years.....)

thought it was a good deal after i called Belson about it.
Updated:

sorry yall - i think i was going to post some pics and i completely forgot about til someone pm'd me about the gnh.

better late than never:

hope this helps someone.

preciousjewel76 said:
Review of the Gold N Hot Pro 1875 Watt Ionic Hard Bonnet Dryer:

I really like it so far! I place mine on a folding wooden table tray and set up a chair underneath, fits perfectly. I've only used the medium and low settings so far; I think the hot setting would be way too much for my hair/scalp. The dryer isn't all that noisy from the outside, but I can't hear the TV when I'm sitting under it.

Keep in mind, I haven't actually used this for a rollerset yet, just for speeding up my usual airdrying and for deep conditioning. Might try a rollerset this weekend. But I use the black and purple rollers, which I think will fit just fine under the dryer. I can't speak for those who may use larger rollers or have longer hair! My hair would probably get completely dry in about an an hour or so using medium heat.

Thank for the review.

LynnieB said:
Updated:

sorry yall - i think i was going to post some pics and i completely forgot about til someone pm'd me about the gnh.

better late than never:

hope this helps someone.

Thank for finally posting pictures. :lol: ;)

Back