what is your regime for your lil girl?

crml_buttafly

i have a 4yr old daughter and her hair is natural and i plan on keeping it that way,hopefully if i find good enough products by the time she gets old enough she will see the benefits of not relaxing her hair.

i mostly do her hair in ponytail styles or different braided styles she has worn her hair out one time this week and that was bc we came home from the beauty parlor(she just got a wash and set,mommy and me time) as soon as wwe came home i put that sucka in ponies. from reading the board i started using qp elasta mango butter in her hair and feels like silk. so far so good. i want to order some carols daughter "saturday special" for her hair.i also wanna try a twist out on her i think it will look cute.

so my question is for the ladies w/kids what is your regime?

and the ladies that are natural,what products do you use to combat "shrinkage"?

my daughter is 8 yrs old (natural) I'm doing the crown & glory method- www.growafrohairlong.com- Also when is is not in braids I use the entire line of redkin smooth down line to combat the tangles, hot six oil, elasta qp mango butter & or shea butter, and infusium 23 origional, and NO HEAT. & CENTRUM CHILDRENS MULTI-VITAMIN. w/ a very good growth rate!!!!!!
party.gif

Did you say natural? Condition, condition, condition! I cannot express how important this was with my oldest daughter. It's like her hair sucked up moisture as soon as it touched it. I use a good conditioner and a moisturizing shampoo. I only do her hair every 2 weeks. About once a month I use organic root stimulator's uplifting shampoo before the moisterizing shampoo, then cholesterol or protien treatment (I alternate these as well) and finally, the conditioner, actually, (it's Ions hair masque.) I also use a WGO & EVOO mixture to keep her braids moisturized because she wets her hair everyday in the bath
frown.gif

She is almost 9 and has type 3c/4a hair which I think I damaged by pressing/frying. She had breakage from it because silly me didn't know you could damage natural hair. But the growth rate is fine now, I'm doing the no heat summer challenge with her, her hair is currently reviving, and is below shoulder length. I twisted her hair last week and she loves it, when I take it out, I'm gonna try the coconut milk wash and the honey conditioner, I can't wait!!

i use redkens anti snap leave in on her.
im gonna start her on a childrens multi vitamin because i feel kids just need it anyway.

and yes her hair sucks up moisture bc she sweats alot!! maybe ill try the wgo, (whats evoo??) mix to put in her braids. i was curious about what to spray on her braids.

whoever said condition condition condition....I second that.
My daughter's hair loves Lekair and the Vo5 blushing apple conditioners. I shampoo her hair once a month with this African shampoo I got from a friend. I give her weekly conditioner washes. Her hair stays in braids, I give her 1/4 cup of carrot/apple juice every morning, she takes these gummy vitamins I picked up from the vitamin shoppe, I spray her hair with this hot six oil/water mixture every night......its working out fine so far.

Oh for the second part of your question....I haven't found anything to combat the shrinkage......I guess I've never really tried to prevent it....

Back