What is your measurement in inches from shoulder to waist?

I'm 5 feet 7 1/2" and my shoulder to waist measurement is only 13 1/2" LOL

I have my height in my legs, as many taller women do. My daughter is only 5'1" and her shoulder to waist measurement is the same as mine.

It's 19" if you go down the side of my body. 1"-2" more if you go down the front and over the boobs. I am 5'6".

From top of shoulder (if hair was just brushing the top) to WL is exactly 13.5" on me. My height is 5'2.5" or 62.5".

Where exactly are you guys measuring from? I see some people mentioning long necks, but if we're measuring from shoulder that shouldn't be included, right?

Where exactly are you guys measuring from? I see some people mentioning long necks, but if we're measuring from shoulder that shouldn't be included, right?

I measured from top of the shoulder to waist. I started this because I was curious what my inches would be to MBL. Hope that helps. :grin:

Where are you all measuring your shoulders? Are you measuring on the outside of your shoulders? So I didn't measure from top of shoulder, but from bottom of shoulder. I'm 5'2" and shoulder to waist is about 13". If I had measured from the top of shoulder, that number would be higher. From nape to waist is about 18", so my hair at my bottom layer needs to be 18" for me to reach waist length.

I found the picture I posted below in an old thread back in 08.

SL - APL = 5.5"
APL - BSL = 5"
BSL - MBL = 2"
MBL - WL = 2"

SL - WL = 14.5

I kinda knew I had a short torso because of how high my waist is, but I had no idea it was only 14.5" from SL to WL. I do have a long neck though. I'm 5'9 btw. It took me a long time to grow the inches for SL - BSL. I'm so happy that I only need 2" for MBL, and 2" for WL. :yep:

This is how I measured.

Last edited:
About 13 inches. Did I do it right? :look: I am 5'3. My waist is darn near my armpits anyway. :giggle:

So if all goes right, in about 2 years, I can be waist length! :yay:
I think you did it right because I'm 5'2.5 and I measured 12-12.5 in. from shoulder to waist. :yep:
ETA: I stretched my nape to see how far away I am from my waist, and it hit at 7in. So I have only 5-5.5 more in. to go to hit WL!

Last edited:
i'm 5,4

SL to WL is 12 inches
SL to APL 5 inches
SL to BSL 8.5 inches

looking at the other people who are 5,4 my torso is a bit on the short side
i remember someone telling me i have long legs and people usually think i'm 5,6 i guess its the legs huh

Last edited:
My measurement is about 14"-15" from SL-WL, my hair is currently 10" below SL (which is BSL on me) so maybe by December I can be grazing WL. I'll cross my fingers and pray for that. Im 5'7" btw.

Last edited:
I knew that the variation wasn't going to be THAT big of a difference. Maybe 2 inches at the most. Most height is in the legs. You don't see long torso people with short stubby legs! And a long legged person might have a slightly SLIGHTLY shorter torso than a shorter legged person. Height is not relevant. We're not competing with each other. Long hair is meaningful whether BSL is 13 inches or15 inches.

Someone the other day was talking about how some might people be waist length at "2 inches of hair." There aren't any midgets around here. And no one is "cheating" on the shoulder length, armpit length etc.

Sorry but as a short person with a big head and no neck, (see my avatar) I was getting tired of the whining from the pea headed long neckers! :)

Back