WHAT IS THE BEST PROTECTANT FOR HEAT STYLING???

SaintLuxe

i recently had my hair colored & highlighted and i wanted to know the best heat protectant, so i can protect my hair when i occasionally wear it straight. any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

i use Dudley's creme press oil. before i started taking care of my hair i used VO5 heat protectant spray. i prefer the creme press cause it doesn't wet your hair like the vo5 spray does.

thanks for the quick response, diva! but, i think that i might like a spray better. i don't want my hair to be too heavy(i already use a leave-in & Mizani Rose H2O). anybody have any recommendations?

I have use Dudleys creme press and that works really well, but I switched to NTM serum, and I also heard biosilk was really good too.

SaintLuxe said:
i recently had my hair colored & highlighted and i wanted to know the best heat protectant, so i can protect my hair when i occasionally wear it straight. any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Be careful with the coloring and highlighting and doing heat styling. It can be bad. I had highlights done after growing my hair out a couple years ago and I lost all my progress (length and thickness) in about 4 months. I was addicted to how good my hair looked straight with my new highlights and I fried it to death. Just be careful. Try and do the heat styling as little as possible.

SaintLuxe said:
thanks for the quick response, diva! but, i think that i might like a spray better. i don't want my hair to be too heavy(i already use a leave-in & Mizani Rose H2O). anybody have any recommendations?

Another vote for V05 miracle mist! Your hair should get *lightly* damp after using it, but WAIT for a few minutes before using heat to style until it is dry.

If you hair is getting wet and not very very lightly sprinkled then you are using waaaay too much! I use about 5 spritz all over my head!

I really like Ion's heat protectant spray, since it's light, but softening and effective. BBD stretch I consider a sort of heat protectant too, since it's heat activated so I think it's good if you're going under a dryer but it's probably too wet for flat ironing. A popular one is Redken Heat Glide, it comes in a pump bottle and supposedly works well, I had one at one point but forgot my results.

I use Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide . It is the best and has a nice almondy (I know that is not a word) scent

I agree Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide is one of the best heat protective. Also I have tried Ion Heat Protection & Silk Elements Heat Protection which are also good, only thing you have to spray very little to avoid smoke when using flat iron.

I use Biosilk Silk Therapy. CHI has come out with oen that is exactly the same but has a much lower alcohal content. Theye're both great.

I use Beyond the Zone, Fantasia IC serum or Tresseme. The tresseme has no oil, when I use it I put a little Fantasia serum on top for extra protection and shine.

MIZANI THERMASTRENGTH!

My stylist first started using it. it is a bottle with a pump. and she would but about 1 1/2 pumps of creme in my wet (not soaking wet) hair and would just rub and finger comb it in my hair evenly... then she would blow dry then flat iron my hair. I love the results, even when i use it at home! I highly recommend it! (fyi: i flat iron my hair once a week and doing so has not damaged or weakened my hair at all)

I normally buy it through my stylist, but I've seen it in Ulta as well.

i have to say silken seal in the spray. the oil is good, but the spray is excellent.

redken heat glide sounds highly rated, i'd say the most talked about heat protector on LHCF!

I LOVE Redken Heat Glide!

The first time I used it I was afraid it would be really heavy and weigh my hair down, it looks like a thick serum. But after I applied it and flat ironed, my hair was so silky, light, swinging... I just love it. I use heat very rarely, maybe once a year, but Heat Glide is the best heat protectant I've ever used.

I like Elasta QP's Silk thermal designing liquid....

Back