Votes: 113 24.2%
  • Thermasilk

Votes: 18 3.9%
  • Biosilk

Votes: 46 9.9%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 176 37.7%

• Total voters
Bain de Terre Recovery Complex Anti-Frizz Shine Serum.

Good anytime you use heat, to include a blow dryer, hooded dryer, flat iron, or curling iron. Excellent ingredients, not TOO heavy on the cones, extremely light weight unlike other heavier serums that don't allow movement if you accidentally use to much while protecting your tresses. Provides great shine, great smoothing wet or dry, and excellent heat protection all in one. Light scent, not "gooey" like CHI Silk Infusion, Nexxus, or Biosilk. And a little goes a long way. I use this on wet hair before blow drying, also use it before flat ironing on dry hair. Never ever leaves my hair feeling or looking greasy and stuck together.

Product Description:
Bain de Terre Recovery Complex Anti-Frizz Shine Serum eliminates frizz while smoothing split ends, leaving hair with incredible shine. This Patented hair-nourishing formula releases an exclusive blend of natural essential oils, including meadowfoam seed, grape seed, and mango seed. An added frizz-controlling silicone actively repairs, protects, moisturizes, and adds shine to hair. This is an alcohol-free, extra-moisturizing formula. Safe to use on permed, straightened or color-treated hair.

Ingredients
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Pg-propyl Silanetriol, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Water (Aqua), Synthetic Wax, Hydroxyethyl Behenamidopropyl Dimonium Chloride Pei-10, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hexylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum).

Directions
Apply to wet or dry hair as follows - Wet Hair: Shampoo and condition hair as usual, towel dry. Apply 2-5 drops into palm and distribute evenly. Apply styling products as usual and style hair. Dry Hair: Apply 2-3 drops into palm, then smooth over your finished style for maximum shine and manageability. Excellent to use with heat styling tools.

Manufacturer: http://www.baindeterre.com/sr1.asp

Giovanni's Straight Fast is amazing, it's been about 4 days and my moisture is still sealed in even though I haven't slept on a satin scarf or pillow!
Ingredients: Aqua (purified water) with organic soybean protein, organic rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis), organic nettle (urtica dioica), organic wild bergamot (citrus aurantium bergamia fruit), organic California poppy (papaver orientale seed), organic rose hips (rosa canina fruit), glycerin (coconut/palm oil), cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, phenytrimethicoane, tocopherol (vitamin E), panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), sodium hydroxy methyglycinate, octyl methoxycinnamate (sunscreen).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised to have not seen anyone say Sabino MB yet (only go thru pg. 9 lol)....I'm really looking into that one, but up until now i've used fantasia, however, I'm seeking one that'll prevent reversion...

I like Keracare Silken Seal. This stuff works so good -- the flat iron would just slip through my hair! I want to try the Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum though because I love that whole product line -- it makes my hair so soft and silky. I told my daughter to shampoo and deep condition last weekend with it and afterwards I blowdried and flat ironed her hair (she's natural) she had so much body and softness to her hair! :grin:

Ok, here I go with my lil offbrand stuff...I use VO5 Extreme Style Heat Defense Conditioning Spray...it's a spray not a serum.

It also helps that I got it on sale for $1.99!

H2 Ion - actually repairs hair when used with heat
Chi Silk Infusion

I remember trying Hot Sauce and not liking it. I think I thought it was too greasy and made my hair weighed down. I might give it a try again.

I love the Fantasia IC. I like it better than the CHI alone. Girl, try mixing them! :love: I put a little of the Chi in my hand with the Fantasia IC. It helps the CHI last longer and the effects are :eek: :)

I will have to try this. I like the CHI but I found it created a lot of smoke. I'll get som IC and mix the two.

Ok, here I go with my lil offbrand stuff...I use VO5 Extreme Style Heat Defense Conditioning Spray...it's a spray not a serum.

It also helps that I got it on sale for $1.99!

I saw this stuff on sale today for $2.00. Have you ever used the Chi or Fhi stuff? Or what about the Fantasia IC Serum? If so, how would you compare it?

Overall, what were your experiences with the VO5, meaning what did it do for your hair? How often do you use it? Do you use it on wet or dry hair?

TIA

I have been using Chi Silk Infusions, but not sure if I really like it...I notice that you have to be really light handed with it or it will weigh your hair down and not even make your hair straight all the way when flat ironing....

Today I picked up the silk elements heat protectant spray from Sally's...I am trying to see if I prefer sprays over serums...It was between that and the ION spray.....I will see how I like this one...

I use silk elements...mega silk heat protectant , it is really light and your hair does not feel weighed down. I use when I blowdry or when i use rollerset. I love it and I would highly recommend it.

I tried some of my friend's FHI Hot Sauce - and it gave me such a professional finish. I'll have to order some

I normally use CHI Silk Fusion

When I blow dry I combine Mizani Therma Strength Strengthening Style Serum and Smooth 'N Shine Polishing Straight Out. Then I flat iron using Smooth 'N Shine Polishing Silk 'n Sleek Styling Heat Protect Straightening Polish. I've been using this combo for about 3 years and I'm very happy with it. I've tried Fantasia IC and it did noting for me. I also tried Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum and it made my hair look greasy.

Since I rediscovered flat ironing my hair, I've been using this, VO5 Miracle Mist Heat Defense Spray.

279447.jpg

However, my inner pj is wondering if I need something else... :scratchch
How does this work for you? I have this and the Fantasia IC. I'm thinking of trying the V05 first because it seems light and lighter products seem to work better for my hair.

Back