Votes: 113 24.2%
  • Thermasilk

Votes: 18 3.9%
  • Biosilk

Votes: 46 9.9%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 176 37.7%

• Total voters
I'm really surprised Sabino Moisture Block isn't listed as a choice...

It does EVERYTHING it says it does. I think our main issue here on LHCF is that we hate to use high heat - protected or not. I know SamanthaJones/Lucky'sMom has great success with it.

I also had great success with it on DD's hair - it lasted until she went outside and stood in the rain. :wallbash::wallbash:

It also worked on me when I was fake transitioning.

It protects, straightens, and helps you avoid reversion if you use it according to the directions, which are not hard but are just soooooo emotional for heat chickens - in which number I include myself. :lachen::lachen:

Anyway...LOVE SABINO!!!

cj

i noticed some of the serums mentioned are not heat protectants. Not all ic serums are for heat i believe only the pink one is. Some serums are just glossifiers or for shine. My paul mitchel ss serum, dosent mention its a heat protectant. Also please correct me if im wrong but chi silk infusion is not either. Ill have to double check. I just wanted to put that out there though. If i product do not mention thermal or heat protect, then i assume its not. Some serums also are used just to tame flyaways, those are not heat protectants either.

^^^ You're right, my one is just serum only - apologies! :blush:

really? wow i have a closet full of what i thought was heat protectants but was really only serums.
it seems like alot of heat protects are sprays, since im relaxed i would rather use a serum

All I will add is this: I have been burning my shed hair lately (IDK why just randomly started think I got it from here). Well, I was burning some of the hair that had been Chi'ed and IT WOULD NOT BURN! I tried all kinds of angles, I am a Chi girl for life after that.

I use Fantasia IC at the moment for heat setting (no blow drying/flat irons anymore) it works well for me but I would like to try redken and nexxus heat protection to see if they work better for me

thanks for this thread:) i'm going to buy fantasia ic heat protectant and aphogee keratin and green tea when i buy my maxiglide this autumn...nonie has me thinking about john freida though...

This is an epic thread!

Girl, I just thought about Bumping this! And then I saw you up in here.:lachen:

So, you know I had to come and check you out.

I couldn't decide what to get with my Sedu? I looked at Sedu's Heat Protectant, FHI Hot Sauce, Chi.

I think I will get Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide. Another Poster is sending me some Joico Smoothing Balm. (I need to research that)

And I already have some IC Fantasia here.:look:

Girl, I just thought about Bumping this! And then I saw you up in here.:lachen:

So, you know I had to come and check you out.

I couldn't decide what to get with my Sedu? I looked at Sedu's Heat Protectant, FHI Hot Sauce, Chi.

I think I will get Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide. Another Poster is sending me some Joico Smoothing Balm. (I need to research that)

And I already have some IC Fantasia here.:look:

Lol, I have a $25 gift certificate to Marshalls, so I think I will pick up Chi Silk Infusion.

I really want some Sabino Moisture Block.

I let my cousin have my Redken Smooth Down....Ill be going back there to get it back!

I like treseme heat tamer spray when I'm freshl relaxed. When I am stretching I use fantasia ic heat protector and straightner in the pink bottle. The spray is cheap and works just as well as nexxus.

Back