What is the best moisturizing natural oil?

Would like to do a Meeting For the Atlanta Area

• Total voters
Can't really say I've given the other oils a chance, but I LUV castor oil - who'd've thunk it? - only lhcf!!!

Moroccan Oil - This oil is awesome. They have reviews on Amazon & a couple of other sites. This oil kept my hair soft, shiny, and feeling moisturized for a whole week without applying anything else...seriously.

Hands-down, Castor oil is superior. So rich, so lush. Who knew...the product I used to run from when my Grandmother reached for it would improve the quality of hair! It's a staple.

I picked Castor but it was hard to pick only one.

Avocado gets 2nd place. I've never tried sweet almond. Coconut makes a great hot oil prepoo. Whoooweee!

I love castor oil. It makes my hair so soft and it really keeps my ends in check.

In the summertime, I mix it with coconut oil, honey, and water, and spray it on my hair. All of them together give a wonderful shine.

I love my coconut oil.
EVOO is wonderful to DC with, castor is great for wash and goes and slicking down...
All of these other oils listed in this thread are so good. It's just a matter of preference. Natural oils are the bomb in general!

I've used olive oil, coconut oil and jojoba oil alone. The best one for me is jojoba oil. Coconut is excellent, too. I'm going to try avocado oil alone next.

EVOO wasn't good on my hair when used alone.

I voted other because oils by themselves don't moisturize. But I lurrve Baobab oil.

Coconut oil by itself moisturizes. There is a recent thread about how it actually penetrates the cortex of the hair and whatnot.

I voted coconut but I am also partial to emu oil.

Red Palm and Palm Kernel oils hands down. Just discovered how fantastic these are today!! They are going to be staples for LIFE.

I personally like coconut but i voted "other" because my second isn't listed and that's carrot oil!

I love Carrott Oil too:yep:

My new fav combo for moisture is combo of coconut+castor- this really leaves my hair feeling softer.

And yes- oils do moisturize-:yep:

Coconut oil makes my hair really hard, but it does wonders for my sister. My favorite is Amla. Could not live without it. I am dying to try Moroccan though.

I really like almond, coconut and castor oil. I sometimes mix them all together with my moisture mix :grin:

I've been using coconut oil on my ends since my last mini chop and I am so pleased. My ends are soooo very happy. If I can keep this up I may reach my APL goal #1 by early fall.
So, I voted coconut oil. :yep:

Back